What's new
What's new

Bridgeport EZ-Path Lathe

jordanhaugen19

Plastic
I have recently acquired a Romi EZ-Path lathe.

The Lathe seems to function fine when using the "Do-Event" function. I can do ROUGH cycles or THREAD cycles just fine.

However, When I try to write a program with a roughing cycle or a threading cycle for example, I get an error that reads "ERROR IN PRGM AT SEQ# ___". I do not believe I have any errors in my cycles that I am writing. I have gone back to the foundation and fully copied exactly what was in the manual as a test and keep coming up with the same error when I verify the program. I am starting to believe that this is a parameter or software issue.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this matter? I do not have any contact or information of a previous owner to lean on for expertise so I cannot confirm its history.

As a second question I am periodically getting an error that states "SYSTEM ERROR - POSSIBLE POINTER ERROR".
This will periodically come up when I am doing a ROUGH cycle under the DO EVENT function. It will come up during the rough cycle and still finish out the cycle just fine. If I home the machine it clears the error.

Thanks for the help!

Well I don't know if any of this information is correct, because I don't know much about this machine. I recently acquired one of these lathes and as I was going through the basics of checking to make sure everything was functioning properly it would randomly throw weird errors.

First thing I checked was the power supply for the PC side. I pulled it out and put it on my bench to find that the 24 volt side of the power supply was providing 21 volts with no load. This side of the rail I found to not be adjustable (even though the adjustment pots are there). I figured this power supply was on it's last leg, so I replaced it and now the strange errors seem to be less.

I have a dorian turret on it that pukes up all kinds of things - but at least now the sensors that are expecting 24 volts are getting 24 volts. 21 is not 24 and I can imagine (whilst I didn't check) that when all of the sensors were connected and doing things this voltage was not in tolerance.

All of this doesn't really much help with your error though - SYSTEM ERROR - POSSIBLE POINTER ERROR sounds an awful lot like a DOS side memory error. This is the reason to check that the power supply is giving the PC the voltage it expects all the time - if not this can lead to memory corruption and all kinds of weirdo things in a PC. SYSTEM ERROR leads me to believe this is on the DOS side of the control. Things to check

1. PC Battery
2. PC Power Supply
3. Hard Drive
4. RAM (unlikely)

I would start there. Hopefully this helps.

Back