What's new
What's new

FH-480 Pallet hook is stuck up

AEM191

Plastic
I have a 1998 Mazak FH-480 with a M plus control. My employee hit the E-stop button mid pallet change, so I turned the servos back on and did a manual move to move the pallet back into position. After I moved it back into position I tied to tell it to go down but it won't go down. I called Mazak and they told me to unhook the solenoid and push the button on the end with a Allen wrench to force it down. It still will not go down so Mazak told me to just call a service guy. This happened before Christmas so we shut the machine down and now I cant even home it out. If anyone has an Idea what is wrong with it I would appreciate any help.

O
I have a 1998 Mazak FH-480 with a M plus control. My employee hit the E-stop button mid pallet change, so I turned the servos back on and did a manual move to move the pallet back into position. After I moved it back into position I tied to tell it to go down but it won't go down. I called Mazak and they told me to unhook the solenoid and push the button on the end with a Allen wrench to force it down. It still will not go down so Mazak told me to just call a service guy. This happened before Christmas so we shut the machine down and now I cant even home it out. If anyone has an Idea what is wrong with it I would appreciate any help

Ohhhh... We had it with someone else before, ages ago. You cannot home the machine cause Axis interlocks are active. The only way we could fix it was to find which axis was in interlock by looking into your PLC ( and printed version of it).

There you will see that M plus control ( PLC ) has heaps of funny L-bits, these are battery backed memory flags that you cannot easily reset.

We had to rewrite some L bits just to get rid of Interlocks, to be able to HOME machine and start moving pallet changer. All I remember it took us a day to figure out it.

Does maintenance book explain how recover PC in case of EMG alarm? I guess you need to go through all inputs and outputs to see if they are all in initial state. I am guessing here. This page is from your machine manual.

Attachments

• defsdf.jpg
    defsdf.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 9

Back