What's new
What's new

Goodway G1440 Lead screw

Jcollins56

Plastic
et al,
Just purchased a used Goodway G1440 and discovered the half-nuts were broken off in back of the apron. I believe this is an Asian machine and the closest current manufacture is Grizzly. Does anyone know the thread pitch on the half nuts on a Grizzly G0709 (1440) lathe ? I've looked at the manuals but nowhere does it give dimensional drawings for the parts nor will either company (Goodway and Grizzly) respond to inquiry. I've considered machining my own but you kinda need the half-nut to thread an interior thread.

You need to measure your leadscrew and figure out the pitch. It can be metric or English. My Harrison m300 1977 vintage is kinda both. The leadscrew is some common metric diameter like 35mm diameter but the tpi is metric or English on mine.
Keeping the same diameter means stuff lines up better . I bet the ends and bearing fits of my leadscrew are metric as well.
AFAIK a leadscrew would only be single start. Compound screws may be multiple start to confuse the repair guys.
BilLD

With that in mind, I have verified the GOODWAY lead screw is 4TPI. Can anyone with a Grizzly G0709 tell me what their lead screw TPI is? I can order Grizzly parts no problem. GOODWAY parts are extinct and not to be had. I would cut a new half nut but it’s hard without a half nut!

With that in mind, I have verified the GOODWAY lead screw is 4TPI. Can anyone with a Grizzly G0709 tell me what their lead screw TPI is? I can order Grizzly parts no problem. GOODWAY parts are extinct and not to be had. I would cut a new half nut but it’s hard without a half nut!
That one is 8TPI, the the 16" is 4tpi

Back