What's new
What's new

haas cast aluminum coolant filter

chuckley

Plastic
does anyone know the rating for the cast coolant filter haas runs on the hmc's and vmc's? i know its lower pressure but there is no specs out there. 93-2356 is the haas part #.. i do have an email into them asking about it.

I have not been into one of those but, I was close to buying a used one based on pictures. From what I could make out, it looks like a metal screen, not a 'filter'. I also have not looked at the rest of the cooling system from that era of machine but, my suspicion is that they took the screen that used to be in the coolant tank and moved it to that canister.

So if you're looking for actual filtration, you're probably better off buying a sock-filter canister. If you just need to remove the bite sized chunks, the Haas might be your answer.

thanks.. haas has got back to me that its for the low pressure flood coolant if it has the thin top plate. with the thick top plate it can do the high pressure flood coolant which is 68 psi .. so not sure what the max it can handle is but that is some info. i ended up ordered a different basket screen for what i was doing on a mazak

thanks.. haas has got back to me that its for the low pressure flood coolant if it has the thin top plate. with the thick top plate it can do the high pressure flood coolant which is 68 psi .. so not sure what the max it can handle is but that is some info. i ended up ordered a different basket screen for what i was doing on a mazak
I am sure it is a higher PSI than the hoses so.
You can also add a #3 bag filter if you want, don't do too tight of filtration or it will clog quickly.
#3 Bag Filter 100mic

Back