What's new
What's new

Haas DS30 Lathe Turret Recovery

GiroDyno

Cast Iron
The turret is stuck halfway through changing tools, and unlike Haas mills there is no recovery button to hit...
If I attempt to zero-return the A-axis It will unclamp (pops forward 1/4"), but then rather than spinning around looking for the home switch it will then hold position for a few seconds and then reclamp, and because its halfway between spots it never reseats completely. Then it alarms out "Alarm 2022 Turret Failure to Leave Clamp Switch"

There's an M-Code to unclamp the turret (M43) but it won't let me run that because the turret has not been homed.
I tried to physically turn the turret when it unclamps during the A-axis homing routing but the motor is holding its position so it wont budge.
I tried to manually unclamp the turret by pressing the test button on the clamp solenoid but it didn't unclamp. If I could get it to unclamp in e-stop the motor would be off an I could probably spin the turret and then restart everything.

I have a call in with Selway but I figured I might get a faster response here.
Any thoughts?

Selway wanted to send a tech, but I figured it out.

There is a parameter to turn off the A-axis motor, with the motor disabled I performed an A-axis zero-return and while it was unclamped I manually rotated the turret until it was roughly over a pocket. When it reclamped the curvic slipped into position, then I was able to home the A-axis and now its up and running.

Back