What's new
What's new

Haas) Mini Mill-2 ) 20 Minute Spindle Warm up program is taking 2 hours

Hi All,

Not sure what's going on here.
Any help would be much appreciated.

It ran great the past 4 days. On the 5th day. The normal 20 minute Spindle Warm up program is taking 2 hours.

I powered the Mini Mill off powdered it back on and ran the warm cycle for another stunning 2 hours.

What could cause this change?

Two other things I don't know if they're related.
1. The spindle speed on my normal tool in a manual operation has changed from 3000 RPMs to 146 RPMs.

2. This morning did I experimented with changing the measurement settings from inches to metric. But soon as I confirmed this worked. I changed it back to in. Could this be related to the change in my machine? The timing's right.

Now that I've worked through this problem it seems more like a power loss from something.

Thx in advance.

Last edited:
There is a warmup, and a spindle break in that is ran at initial setup or, if machine sets for a long time months as an example.
you are probably running the wrong program

So one of my machine has a 2020 and a 2021 one for 20 min. one for 2hrs.

There is a warmup, and a spindle break in that is ran at initial setup or, if machine sets for a long time months as an example.
you are probably running the wrong program

So one of my machine has a 2020 and a 2021 one for 20 min. one for 2hrs.
Houdini: You're exactly right I was running the wrong program. I was running the 002021 (spindle run in) program. In the program it sa
ys "cycle time is 2 hours". Not the 2020 (spindle warm-up) "cycle time is 20 minutes"

Note: Running the normal spindle warm up cycle for 20 minutes fixed the operational spindle speed speed as well.

Thx

Back