What's new
What's new

Haas next gen ATC shuttle motor electrical fault, intermittent.

mhajicek

Diamond
Not all the time, but about once every half a dozen toolchanges, my 2017 CM-1 is showing an ATC shuttle motor electrical fault when trying to bring the umbrella to the spindle. If I manually pull the umbrella out, and then push it back far enough that it doesn't have a position fault, it will reset and be able to perform the toolchange. Much more rarely, it will have the same fault when trying to retract the umbrella, and again, moving it by hand will allow it to reset and continue. Anyone else have this before? Is it worn motor brushes, can you replace those yourself, and where would I get them without having to buy the whole motor?

Thanks

Yikes, hoping for good outcome. Any idea where the coolant came from? Missing o rings on the brush plugs?
The motor design doesn't seem to have any o-rings on the brush plugs, nor is there any cover over this motor.

I got it back together, and it seems to be working, at least for now. I put some "right stuff" gasket goop over the brush caps to impede further coolant ingress. Lue at Productivity's HFO helped me through this a bit by email.

Back