What's new
What's new

Heavy 10 DRO install

MD83driver

Plastic
I installed a LCD DRO on my South Bend Heavy 10 lathe. The placement of the cross slide scale was the biggest challenge due to lack space so as not restrict any other functions of the lathe. I bought the ToAuto 1um glass scales and LCD readout off ebay. The USA stock was less expensive than ordering a one time set directly from China for this brand. I had already installed the same DRO on my mill and it performs very well. I had one scale go bad and the company replaced it without question. I have attached a few pictures to show the installation.

Attachments

• IMG_4405.JPG
    IMG_4405.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_4411.JPG
    IMG_4411.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_4420a.JPG
    IMG_4420a.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 86
Is this a museum? Damn that lathe is clean. I like how you store/display your drills. I work out of my garage. Too damp to store anything out in the open. I have a humidifier going when it’s really bad, but I hate chasing all the surface rust.

How do you use the MT3 taper drills in your lathe?

Is this a museum? Damn that lathe is clean. I like how you store/display your drills. I work out of my garage. Too damp to store anything out in the open. I have a humidifier going when it’s really bad, but I hate chasing all the surface rust.

How do you use the MT3 taper drills in your lathe?
Just in my walk out basement. If you look to the furthest right drill holder, you will see a MT2 to MT3 adapter. It is not normally that clean, I had to clean it real good for the installation of the DRO. But I do clean it after each job. Thanks

Back