What's new
What's new

I need a cnc press brake.

The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweet taste of low price is gone.
What's funny is it wasn't even that cheap. I forget the exact numbers but around 60-70% of a better equipped Amada or Mitsubishi, which we weren't aware of at the time because we thought those were so much more expensive than they are.
We went with Moore Machinery for the warranty and support, which they absolutely have not delivered on.

They knew the rocket was going to blow up, and knew the pad might not be sufficient. The launch was to get data. And they got a lot of data. It was mentioned that they really want a flat launch pad because this is supposed to take off on a return mission with minimal infrastructure.

Consider how much it costs to test everything independently and engineer out every little possible problem with certainty without a full system test. At a certain point it's cheaper just to build and try multiple times.
READY, FIRE, AIM. Where have I read that before? They already have the next one in production. That shit cannot be done on a government contract. I do the same on a mom and pop scale when developing a new product.

Oh, Accupress. Had the sales guy come buy and was not impressed. Got the feeling he thought I was wasting his time. My thoughts were that he was likely to develop heart disease because he had a mouth full of rotting teeth. His breath was distorting the light like the sun on a hot desert road. Gag a maggot. Had to keep backing up.

They knew the rocket was going to blow up, and knew the pad might not be sufficient. The launch was to get data. And they got a lot of data.

They also spread shit (like lawnmower-size chunks of concrete) over 200 square miles, caused damage to buildings within a seven mile radius (broken windows, damaged roofs, damaged electrical delivery systems), and pieces of the rocket have been found hundreds of miles downwind.

The faa has suspended spacex's launch license pending further investigation.

All because Elon's ego is bigger than the moon. As you all admit, they knew the concrete pad couldn't take it. They knew it would destroy the rocket. Making a mistake is one thing but knowing it would fail and cause damage, potentially significant damage ? The Air Force was afraid to take down a damn balloon "out of an abundance of caution" but these dogdicks can blow thousands of pounds of shit up and it's fine and dandy, "they wanted data" ?

Fuck "data", these people suck dick.

They also spread shit (like lawnmower-size chunks of concrete) over 200 square miles, caused damage to buildings within a seven mile radius (broken windows, damaged roofs, damaged electrical delivery systems), and pieces of the rocket have been found hundreds of miles downwind.

The faa has suspended spacex's launch license pending further investigation.

All because Elon's ego is bigger than the moon. As you all admit, they knew the concrete pad couldn't take it. They knew it would destroy the rocket. Making a mistake is one thing but knowing it would fail and cause damage, potentially significant damage ? The Air Force was afraid to take down a damn balloon "out of an abundance of caution" but these dogdicks can blow thousands of pounds of shit up and it's fine and dandy, "they wanted data" ?

Fuck "data", these people suck dick.
Hey don't candy coat it, tell us how you really feel!

All of the electrical was loose, the backgauge is assembled from incorrect parts with hand drilled and manual machined spacer blocks that don't meet the specified travel, the ram hits the covers, the hydraulic valves were sticking, it shipped with a hydraulic leak, the lights on the ram don't work, the upper and lower tool holders were misaligned and loose, the hydraulic tank is improperly formed and filled in with bondo which doesn't hold up to hydraulic fluid, the backgauge cover was both overbent and too long and clearly cut after paint with a cutoff wheel, the backgauge bolts in the linear bearing blocks are stripped, the end stops were incorrect and resulted in crashes, the Z axis motor fell off (we have that on video), the proximity sensors weren't gapped correctly, the backgauge does not meet travel or accuracy or even travel speed, by a long margin, the software it comes with does not meet expectations, resonance on the lazersafe Iris mounts resulted in a mirror falling off internally, the Iris system isn't properly integrated and does not do the automatic bend correction it is supposed to, the brake doesn't hit the tonnage it's supposed to, it didn't ship with the panel cooler it was supposed to, a linear scale cable had a poorly wired connector which screwed with us for a long time, and a few other things I forget at the moment.

Thanks for the extensive feedback. BTW, this is what Jason at Moore Machine had to say when I indicated their machines looked very similar to all other Import brands. Accurl was $105K, Prima Press was ~$35K and Harsel was ~$38K for a similarly equipped machine. The latter two would have the added expense of importing.

I do also believe Accurl makes a superior product to the companies you've mentioned ), I can say this with confidence as we tend to compete with manufacturers such as Trumpf, Bystronic and Amada.

Thanks for the extensive feedback. BTW, this is what Jason at Moore Machine had to say when I indicated their machines looked very similar to all other Import brands. Accurl was $105K, Prima Press was ~$35K and Harsel was ~$38K for a similarly equipped machine. The latter two would have the added expense of importing.
He's a salesman. He sold us on the Iris automatic angle correction system after we told him our exact use case. We have since been informed that it doesn't work for our use case (rolla V dies). It also doesn't work in any use case, but that specific to Accurl's poor integration of it.

They also all struggled to figure out offline programming, either from a DXF or STP, and clearly did not understand the licensing options for the Delem control. They compete on price and empty promises and nothing else.

Back