What's new
What's new

In need of a service tech that can work on a Summit Smart Cut CNC Lathe in the West Texas area.

Budwade

Plastic
What companies has anyone worked with in the West Texas area that have experience with Summit or CNC Lathes?
We Have a Summit Smartcut model SC28-4X80. We had a power outage while the machine was running, when power came back on it was throwing error codes shown below.
PLC: 0002 X-DRIVER SYSTEM ALARMS
CNC: 2000 EXTERNAL EMERGENCY ACTIVATED
CNC: 4028 THE LIGHT DOES NOT REACH THE CNC THROUGH THE OPTIC FIBER

When we turn on the machine, it does not turn on the drive modules during start up. When the interface boots up, it throws the codes above. I can initialize the drive modules by holding the button on relay KR2 when it is turned on, and if held long enough, it will stay on and does not throw the codes. However, the interface will not react to any buttons being pushed, and it cannot be re-homed.We had a similar issue two years ago, and it was fixed by replacing a timer relay TC1. When checking TC1 and TR1, we can’t find anything out of the ordinary. All the relays and fuses seem to be good, as well. There is a bit of discrepancy between the machine and the schematics that makes troubleshooting tricky.

Fagor control?
These guys may be able to help. http://www.apollomts.com/
Yes It is Fagor controlled. I conacted Apollo and I got some of the best custmor service. Glen from Apollo was able to talk me through everything over the phone. Found out that the Fagor Power Supply has an internal 24vdc transformer that is bad and he is getting a new power supply heading my way. This comment was a big help, Thanks.

Back