What's new
What's new

LNS Quick Load Servo S3

Does anyone have any info on the machine plug for an LNS Quick Load Servo S3 to a Smec Lathe? When we got the barfeeder, the plug was not on it. need to wire it up so we can get this thing going.

Bummer about the plug. At least now you can match the one on the lathe. Might not have matched to begin with. If there's not one on the lathe... you've got some work to do!

Have you tried google and LNS?

I take it you have the LNS Manual and the SMEC one.
Dig thru your SMEC electrical manual or Ladder Manual if separate, and find where it lists the X inputs and Y outputs. These are going to be the wires that talk back and forth to the LNS. (Along with basic AC power input to the LNS.)

The Y addresses will be the lathe telling the LNS what to do. The X addresses will be how/where the LNS tells the lathe that it's followed orders. (Also connections for E-Stop and End Of Bar etc) With careful enough attention to details in the manual, besides spelling out the function, it might show connection numbers, terminal strip numbers, connector pin numbers, wire numbers. You just never know how thorough MTB's will be with the manuals. Could get lucky and figure it out on your own. Of course that depends on how much time you have.

I'm surprised if the LNS manual didn't have the pinout in the manual. I'm sure LNS would.

I just looked through my manual as well, and I don't see a plug pin-out.
I'm not sure if they spec anything, and leave that up to the installer - what type connection and pin-out?

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I just looked at a LNS Manual off the www and it looks like everything you'll need on that side of the equation is there. Just a matter of finding the lathes Bar Feed Interface Diagram in the Lathe Manuals. Granted it does take a basic knowledge of how machine tools tend to talk to each other. If electricity and Logic Controls are not your thing, maybe calling in a Tech would help. But don't forget to ask if they've ever wired in a Bar Feed. Wouldn't hurt at all if they'd at least done it once or twice.

I wired in a HPC unit and a Remote Handle in the last couple years and diagrams or not... it's a bit of a job to figure it all out and wiring it all in to make it happen. Also I would consider a Servo type Bar Feed Interface a more complicated adventure then either of the two things I mentioned. Especially from a Safety standpoint. There is a lot of critical back and forth communication between the two machines that are going to be critical to safe operation.

Back