What's new
What's new

Loud spindle Tl-1 holy cow

Lazyman

Aluminum
When I heard people say Haas lathes are loud, I had no idea how loud they meant. My new Tl-1 Is incredibly loud and whiny above 1000 RPM and I'm trying to figure out if its the motor itself making the whine or the belt? It seems like the belt to me. Has anyone managed to do anything to make it quieter like a different belt or sound proofing? I would pay a couple thousand dollars to make this deafening noise go away. It seems to be a fairly common complaint apparently so don't understand why they don't do anything about it.

When I heard people say Haas lathes are loud, I had no idea how loud they meant. My new Tl-1 Is incredibly loud and whiny above 1000 RPM and I'm trying to figure out if its the motor itself making the whine or the belt? It seems like the belt to me. Has anyone managed to do anything to make it quieter like a different belt or sound proofing? I would pay a couple thousand dollars to make this deafening noise go away. It seems to be a fairly common complaint apparently so don't understand why they don't do anything about it.

belts to tight? makes a big diference

Back