What's new
What's new

machineinventory.shop got ripped off, looking for more information

CNC-Fiberglass

Plastic
First I will say I trust people until otherwise proven.
This time I got screwed.
I am looking for any additional info to help in my case to get refunded.
I purchased a lathe AndryChow from machineinventory.shop CNC Parts 860-964-6549
I realized almost immediately that the low range did not work.
I opened it up and this is what I found.
20230823_115308.jpg
A mess soupy rust mess, gears with missing teeth, and leaks oil all over the floor.
I now am trying to understand who to go after.
The business I sent the PayPal to was:
machine shop machines
http://www.machineinventory.shop
[email protected]
[email protected]
860-929-6718
860-964-6549
860-414-2401
860-372-0856 Glen
550 Broad St Unit C, Bristol, CT 06010-6664

I found the name Raymond Renouf with the business listing
When I call the above number Al Bradley was the name he gave.
I have seen others say Alan Babin is the name behind this scam company

PayPal agreed to give my money back, however they said it had to be returned first and they confirm it.
Which means I would pay another $1000+ for shipping it back, and do not trust that this would would work.

I plan to file a small claims case against them, and get a full refund of $6000.

Thank You for any help.
Curtis Turner
814-270-6770

Wow, that sucks.
Do you have a copy of the sales add you can share here for the machine you purchased?
Once I had to return an item on ebay at sellers expense due to item being "significantly not as described" or some such. Maybe paypal will help you along those lines. If it was properly described I never would have purchased it is what to tell them.

Did you buy it sight unseen? How was it described? What did they say when you asked them to return it? I suspect you'll find that it was sold as-is and you don't have any recourse.

You say you used Pay Pal. But what was the source of the funds? Your bank account? A debit card, which would be the same as your bank account? Or a credit card?

If you used a credit card, then IMMEDIATELY notify the credit card company that you were cheated. Do this both by a phone call and IN WRITING, via registered mail, signature to show delivery to them. Don't wait, the clock is ticking. If the credit card company reverses the charge, that will take it out of the hands of Pay Pal or the company who cheated you. That way you should get back both the purchase price and taxes and shipping that you paid. And they can worry about return shipping arrangements and cost.

If you sourced the funds for the Pay Pal purchase with a debit card, do the same as above, but your chances are not as good. Debit cards work a bit different from credit cards - less protection for the users.

If you used your bank account for the funds, again do as above but don't hold your breath.

If you used funds that were already in your Pay Pal account, you are stuck with their procedures. GOOD LUCK.

I always, always, ALWAYS pay for on-line purchases with a credit card. I have been taken a couple of times and I did as I outlined above and got every single cent back. There are rules that the banks MUST FOLLOW with credit card fraud. But they must be notified within 30 days so don't wait. Call NOW! And follow up with a letter via USPS, return receipt/signature.

I'm honestly surprised you got a machine at all.

The machines for sale on there are scraped images from other dealers' sites.
I picked one at random - the colchester lathe:

and traced it back to:

My first assumption would be outright scam, and would not expect to receive anything that was paid for.

Raymond Ranouf on the business listing, Alan Bradley is the name the guy gave, “others” are telling you it’s Al Babin.

Where’s the evidence? So far the only evidence is “Raymond Ranouf” owns the business. If this is connected to the scam artist Al Babin in CT I wouldn’t be surprised, but you need evidence.

Definitely Al Babin, there's a few other "businesses" at that location including KT Machine LLC with same website as you posted. There seems to be a legit sign shop at the address too that you could contact to verify whether any machine dealer is at that location, but I doubt it. Don't waste your money sending it back, nobody will be there to receive it. You might see if there's a way to verify and prove to PayPal that the address is a sham and see if that will satisfy their refund requirements.

The BBB....:crazy::D:):D:):Yawn: that'll show 'em.
Yes, but in an odd way. Currently, the BBB knows of only one old complaint, and so gives Al Babin a high rating. A few current complaints, especially ones that look like the one lonely complaint, will cause the BBB rating to drop a lot.

First I will say I trust people until otherwise proven.
This time I got screwed.
I am looking for any additional info to help in my case to get refunded.
I purchased a lathe AndryChow from machineinventory.shop CNC Parts 860-964-6549
I realized almost immediately that the low range did not work.
I opened it up and this is what I found.
View attachment 413191
A mess soupy rust mess, gears with missing teeth, and leaks oil all over the floor.
I now am trying to understand who to go after.
The business I sent the PayPal to was:
machine shop machines
http://www.machineinventory.shop
[email protected]
[email protected]
860-929-6718
860-964-6549
860-414-2401
860-372-0856 Glen
550 Broad St Unit C, Bristol, CT 06010-6664

I found the name Raymond Renouf with the business listing
When I call the above number Al Bradley was the name he gave.
I have seen others say Alan Babin is the name behind this scam company

PayPal agreed to give my money back, however they said it had to be returned first and they confirm it.
Which means I would pay another $1000+ for shipping it back, and do not trust that this would would work.

I plan to file a small claims case against them, and get a full refund of $6000.

Thank You for any help.
Curtis Turner
814-270-6770
This same seller is on eBay named CNCPA

I bought a Bridgeport from him and did get a usable machine in the end- the head sounded like it was full of rocks when it arrived but they sent a replacement head at no cost.

Guess I’m lucky I got anything usable the way it sounds here.

Wow that's an impressively bad pile of shitt. Not sure about the broken gear teeth but the crap looks like silt, like it went thru a flood. So is it Babbin? Or one of his competitors?
Just the usual coolant rot. That’s what happens when the coolant comes in and the oil goes out. I can remember the smell.

Regards Tyrone.

I believe the real Al Babin used to be in Plainville which is right down the street, from that location. I visited the location a few times, it was interesting to walk around in though I never bought anything from them. I wonder if he's still there, or if this is a new questionable seller that has popped up. I may have to try driving by Al's old location one day just to do some sleuthing.

Just make things more fun over on Riverside avenue in Bristol CT there's another guy who's selling used machinery out of his machine shop as far as I can tell he's a great guy. You can pretty much walk from his shop to the address above and about 5 minutes. I have been in his shop a few times and know people who work with him. So not everyone selling machines in Bristol is a crook.

Good, we're all glad you got ripped off. Like you have done for years to all the rocket members. You sell product and never ship. Police reports by the hundreds have been filed against you. Paypal claims, too many to count. You are a thief. You are getting exactly what you have handed out.

Good, we're all glad you got ripped off. Like you have done for years to all the rocket members. You sell product and never ship. Police reports by the hundreds have been filed against you. Paypal claims, too many to count. You are a thief. You are getting exactly what you have handed out.
Wait, this place?

Back