What's new
What's new

Need help with monitor!

machineit2

Hot Rolled
This morning I go to the 97 Haas I am running and the monitor is blank. All else works, but that doesn't help of course. Pulled the cover off of the back and I see one of the two little bulb things is on. Pulled the cover off of my other Haas and turned it on and both of them are off. See pictures. This is the back of the CRT. The connector.

Can anyone give me a hint as to where to start? Is there a fuse that might be out. The indicator is just like the ones used to show a fuse out sometimes.

Attachments

• working.jpg
    working.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Non-working.jpg
    Non-working.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Check this... could you tell me what the white silk-screen letter is or get a few downward pic or two?

Not sure on fuse yet.... but you can check em' should be a 80's/90's style fuse. End cap or pig-tail solder in.

This morning I go to the 97 Haas I am running and the monitor is blank. All else works, but that doesn't help of course. Pulled the cover off of the back and I see one of the two little bulb things is on. Pulled the cover off of my other Haas and turned it on and both of them are off. See pictures. This is the back of the CRT. The connector.

Can anyone give me a hint as to where to start? Is there a fuse that might be out. The indicator is just like the ones used to show a fuse out sometimes.

This is the link I meant to send you

power supply indicators. Find the power supply internally.

I was working on another Haas VF2 and it will be down for a while longer, so I swapped the monitors. So I'm up and running. Will give me time for check this one out or get it repaired.

The funny thing on this is, that they are normally off and being on is the bad thing.

Mike

It could be wired across a fuse or something else and when that part has an open connection the lamp lights. Neon lamps need about 90 volts.

Flat screens are nice, but on these old babies I not going to spend all of that money. I turn 75 in September and need to quit this stuff. This morning I changed out the monitor, replace the shuttle in switch and replaced one side window. Between dropped tools and getting tools and parts, I must have been up and down the machjines about 20-30 times. I'm shot. :)

Back