What's new
What's new

New guy needs help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbmachine

Plastic
Anyone know how to roll a 8"piece of 11ga. Mild steel 30" I.D. with a 2"lip? How I'm doing it now is rolling the 8"piece in a small slip roller to my 30" then cutting the 2" lip (ring) out of a full sheet of 11ga. (I get two per sheet) I'm thinking of buying an angle roller so I can just shear 2" strips from a full sheet and roll them the hard way (much cheaper) anyone have a better,faster,cheaper way of doing this????? right now I have p.o. for 400 with an agreement of 10x that per year if the end result works for them. If anyone could help I would appreciate it. I have been a lurker of your site for a very long time with never registering because any question I have ever had has always been answered with a simple search.

What about cutting the flange in say 4 or 6 segments?? stack a lot on a sheet that way???????????

OR

Sub out the ring rolling.

400 off isn't a lot to spread the cost of much plant over, and you can be damn sure i you spend out the big order won't come your way.

Closed due to meaningless topic title and wrong forum. Please copy/paste to fabrication forum and write title that describes the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back