What's new
What's new

New Machine Day

I have the auger, which I understand is the only conveyor option on the DEM. I don't have any issues with it, but then again, I am not making a ton of chips. I wouldn't mind more coolant nozzles and flow. The DEM came with only a single Locline-type nozzle, which is a bit pathetic. I added a Y splitter and a second Locline nozzle. I would like a washdown hose and may add one at some point by switching the T fitting on the pump to a cross fitting and adding another ball valve. Some day... Fortunately, the enclosure is small enough to reach and brush out manually. Just watch your head on the ATC arm! (DAMHIKT).

I have the auger, which I understand is the only conveyor option on the DEM. I don't have any issues with it, but then again, I am not making a ton of chips. I wouldn't mind more coolant nozzles and flow. The DEM came with only a single Locline-type nozzle, which is a bit pathetic. I added a Y splitter and a second Locline nozzle. I would like a washdown hose and may add one at some point by switching the T fitting on the pump to a cross fitting and adding another ball valve. Some day... Fortunately, the enclosure is small enough to reach and brush out manually. Just watch your head on the ATC arm! (DAMHIKT).
With the auger, does the bin it empties into stick outside of the machine footprint? How far off a wall would that side of the need the machine to be so you could move the bin out for cleaning?

I'm going to get TSC, and holders that can have either through the tool or around the tool spray, so hopefully the single nozzle won't be a problem.

With the auger, does the bin it empties into stick outside of the machine footprint? How far off a wall would that side of the need the machine to be so you could move the bin out for cleaning?

I'm going to get TSC, and holders that can have either through the tool or around the tool spray, so hopefully the single nozzle won't be a problem.
Yes, the auger mouth is perhaps 12" further to the right than the coolant tank footprint. I would want at least three feet between the right side of the enclosure and the nearest wall. There is no bin for the auger, per se - you supply your own. I use a kitchen trash can, which is fine for my chip volume.

If I were going to pony up for TSC coolant, I'd buy a DNM machine. I assume TSC is only special order from the factory.

Yes, the auger mouth is perhaps 12" further to the right than the coolant tank footprint. I would want at least three feet between the right side of the enclosure and the nearest wall. There is no bin for the auger, per se - you supply your own. I use a kitchen trash can, which is fine for my chip volume.

If I were going to pony up for TSC coolant, I'd buy a DNM machine. I assume TSC is only special order from the factory.
Thank you for the info about the auger mouth. Sorry to be a pain, but do you know the height the bin needs to be to fit under the mouth? So I can start looking for something. In Australia we don't typically use what I'm imagining is a fairly decent size kitchen trash can.

I would like a DNM too, but it is too tall to fit in my garage. As it is the DEM will be a tight squeeze, and that's with removing the garage door and framework completely to get the machine in.

Rich, congrats on your new machine! It was nice meeting you at IMTS last year. I ended up buying a few machines for my company, but nothing like that for myself. I'm sure that is a big help for your shop!

Well I finally wrote out the big cheque today for the DEM, auger, wash down gun, through spindle coolant, Renishaw tool and work probing, and a 4th axis. Everything except Ezi Guide. ETA 5-6 months.

@rklopp do you use cam on your machine? Wondering which post processor to use from Fusion 360, the generic Fanuc one or the Fanuc 3/5 axis one?

Well I finally wrote out the big cheque today for the DEM, auger, wash down gun, through spindle coolant, Renishaw tool and work probing, and a 4th axis. Everything except Ezi Guide. ETA 5-6 months.

@rklopp do you use cam on your machine? Wondering which post processor to use from Fusion 360, the generic Fanuc one or the Fanuc 3/5 axis one?
I use the Doosan 3/5 axis post that comes with Fusion. It works fine for me.

Congrats!! I use fusion as well, 3/5 axis fanuc post works perfect everytime!

Congrats!! I use fusion as well, 3/5 axis fanuc post works perfect everytime!
Thanks! And thanks for your help with the Renishaw GUI. My dealer still told me the machine can't do it, even after I told them your have it working on your machines!!! But I'm getting some help with my dealer so fingers crossed. Can't wait to start making chips!!!

Thanks! And thanks for your help with the Renishaw GUI. My dealer still told me the machine can't do it, even after I told them your have it working on your machines!!! But I'm getting some help with my dealer so fingers crossed. Can't wait to start making chips!!!
Let me know if you need any help! I’m not sure where you’re located but I can always put you in touch with the Ellison applications engineer in SoCal, he installed the GUI software on my machine with no problems. If your local apps guy doesn’t know it can be done, maybe my local apps guy can walk him through it. I know for a fact it’s doable as both of mine have it installed and in use every day!

Back