What's new
What's new

Piston to wall clearance for a Quincy 350 Compressor

tschmitt

Plastic
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to begin rebuilding my Quincy 350 and need to verify if my piston to wall clearance is still within spec. I haven't been able to find out what the acceptable range is for either the low pressure piston (6") or high pressure piston (3.25"). If not within spec I will most likely have the cylinder(s) sleeved and bored again as the replacement for the oversized 6" low pressure piston and oversized 3.25" high pressure piston are fairly high. It would be cheaper in the end to sleeve the bore(s) if needed vs replacing to the next size up. I reached out to Quincy tech support but no response so far. Thank you to anyone who may know these specs, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to begin rebuilding my Quincy 350 and need to verify if my piston to wall clearance is still within spec. I haven't been able to find out what the acceptable range is for either the low pressure piston (6") or high pressure piston (3.25"). If not within spec I will most likely have the cylinder(s) sleeved and bored again as the replacement for the oversized 6" low pressure piston and oversized 3.25" high pressure piston are fairly high. It would be cheaper in the end to sleeve the bore(s) if needed vs replacing to the next size up. I reached out to Quincy tech support but no response so far. Thank you to anyone who may know these specs, it would be greatly appreciated.
You should ask the moderators to move this to the "General" forum. More people will read it.

Back