What's new
What's new

Preferred method for cleaning chips off limit switches?

Volitan

Hot Rolled
We just had a Y+ Over Run on our Brother TC-31A, the limit switches were all gunked up with dried up coolant, grease, chips.
There's like a 1" wide channel I have to get in there with towels, cleaner, a brush and hopefully we have a small enough vacuum attachment.

Just wondering if any of you have a better method than this? Also needed to waste a few minutes while the coffee heats up.
Seriously though, what do you guys do? (for the dried up oil with chips, not the coffee)

I used to run some old beat up machines, those guys use to just spray them with the coolant hose, then hit it with air.
I'm more subtle, but it did work quick and easy.
I have specialty cleaners from previous things laying around. Chemtronics PX wash, with a red hose or bulk sprayed through a HVLP gun.
But also I have a cleaner made by my coolant company we use.
We use denatured Alcohol to clean tool holders/tools so there's that......

We just had a Y+ Over Run on our Brother TC-31A, the limit switches were all gunked up with dried up coolant, grease, chips.
There's like a 1" wide channel I have to get in there with towels, cleaner, a brush and hopefully we have a small enough vacuum attachment.

Just wondering if any of you have a better method than this? Also needed to waste a few minutes while the coffee heats up.
Seriously though, what do you guys do? (for the dried up oil with chips, not the coffee)

Make bigger chips.

ZEP floor stripper is great for removing coolant residue. I wouldn't leave it sitting for long though, as it's pretty aggressive.

If ur gonna use WD40, save yourself some long term grief when it turns to sticky goo after the solvent evaporates and just use mineral spirits and elbow grease. Actually, coolant itself is a pretty good solvent for loosening up coolant scum. Floor stripper as noted works too.

Back