What's new
What's new

Replacement for contactor starter

BT Fabrication

Titanium
I have my manual mill that blew the magnetic coil/overload on the motor starter contactor, only problem being is that its 600V and the coil was also 600V in an enclosure to hit start every time I needed to use it.
Yesterday it blew up and am having a hard time finding a replacement that will match it as all the others are lower voltage mag coils. mine is a self latching off the feed power once you hit it.
Its a 600V 3 phase coil powering a 3HP motor of about 6A, local shops seem to be telling me that the coil isn't normally 600V due to having 600V where you push the button. on the face of the box.
What's the alternative? replacing it with a 600V contactor and a lower voltage coil and getting another 600V to V? transformer and overload
Current one is a Danfoss CI-9 Contactor that is no longer made.

Look for a small control transformer that can drop your 600V down to a voltage that you can get a coil for. Common here in the states are 120 volt or 24 volt control circuits. Wire in the control transformer to your 600 volt source, then find the wire that feeds your current control circuit on the contactor with 600V, disconnect that and connect that wire to your new lower voltage transformer. You will basically use the new control transformer voltage to power the contactor coil and stop start station. Hope this helps.

City Electric is where I typically get my control xfmrs. Per above, you can also get a small xfmr like a 40VA to step down the 600 to 120 single phase and run any 120 VAC contactor coil off that.

50 VA xfmr was $60 in August, last one I bought. New motor contactor was around the same.

Latching is in how it’s wired.

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but there are currently a few Danfoss CI-9 600 volt contactors listed on eBay

Back