What's new
What's new

Scotchman Ironworker Information

blake in spokane

Hot Rolled
Just picked up a stripped down older Scotchman 314. Looking for info or pictures of attachments & tooling you have bought or made. Thanks in advance.

Hi, Blake. I have a 314 also. Let's see. I've made the punch table, added the notcher attachment (goes on in place of the angle shear), made a table for the notcher attachment, added the brake attachment, and modified the hydraulics so in one position of the spool (of the new valve) it works just like always but in the other there is a check function so when you lift your foot off the pedal it stays down. I have also rebuilt the valve on the stock hydraulic valve and modified it's external spring return arrangement. I also went through the hydraulic tubes and fixed all leaks. Finally, I made an angle iron cart that the ironworker sits in. I have shimmed the main shear, the angle shear and the notcher. I have the original manual too.

I generally buy punch tooling from Cleveland Punch And Die. Their website is Cleveland Punch and Die Company - Home.

I have found that generally, if Scotchman has obsoleted a part, that they will email you their part drawing as pdf. Their parts guys are great. I've visited them in South Dakota.

Guys with big ironworkers sneer at my little machine but it's paid for itself six times over.

If you want to correspond privately, hit me up at grant AT nwnative DOT us and we'll go that way. Otherwise ask about what specifically you want info on from my list above.

metalmagpie

note on cleveland punch

When ordering-- make sure you specify flat punch if you need it(keeping the blank) otherwise you will get a convex surface on the punch + point.

Back