What's new
What's new

Silicone Free Coolant

Sam I

Aluminum
I'm a job shop and as such turn a lot of different materials. Current coolant has started to take on a green / blue tint due to some brass I've machined recently so I'm planning on switching out the coolant and cleaning the tank / conveyor etc require something that is silicone free for some UHV work. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I'm a job shop and as such turn a lot of different materials. Current coolant has started to take on a green / blue tint due to some brass I've machined recently so I'm planning on switching out the coolant and cleaning the tank / conveyor etc require something that is silicone free for some UHV work. Does anyone have any recommendations?
I like Hangsterfer's 5080. It's emulsified soybean oil, basically food grade.

find a local coolant rep and talk with him. they know all there coolants the best, but as far as i know, they don't have any sort of silicone in water/oil coolants just due to that silicone wrecks paint.
Thanks. I spoke to my current supplier and they have come back to me stating all of their coolants contain some silicone. I'd like to get a few recommendations if I need to switch companies. Last time I trusted a coolant rep blindly I ended up having to drain the machine a week later!

You've taken the right steps with cleaning the tank and already contacting your current supplier. Feel free to message us and we'd be happy to connect you with a local rep to find the right coolant for your materials.

Thanks. I spoke to my current supplier and they have come back to me stating all of their coolants contain some silicone. I'd like to get a few recommendations if I need to switch companies. Last time I trusted a coolant rep blindly I ended up having to drain the machine a week later!
which coolant? I use ometa cooants, novamet 900 which works well. the local shop has a chemist on site and is super knowledgeable.

Oemeta Canada​

265 Ingersoll Street S, Unit B
Ingersoll, ON N5C 3J7
Canada

T +519-485-1800
M ocaorders(at)oemeta.com

Thanks for the recommendation - I'm over in the UK so not sure that's an option.

Back