What's new
What's new

Simultaneous 5 axis on Doosan/Fanuc with DWO, TCPC, WSEC etc

I’m going through settings with Paul now, and have the whole table of settings and parameters. But without knowing how the code is meant to look I can’t configure my post processor and then check the machine in real time. I’ve watched the video with nx, and would like to see how others program something simple first. They show two options for one of the parameters, neither is wrong, but there’s a big difference in the post processor

Andrew, do not worry about DWO at this point. You want to run your machine with just G43.4 or G68.2 and make sure the machine is running correctly before adding in these other options. Dn't complicate the issue further. You really don't need DWO at this point. I am going to send you a test program. 4 inch block of aluminum. It engraves numbers on 4 sides and the top. It has both G68.2 and G43.4.

Andrew, do not worry about DWO at this point. You want to run your machine with just G43.4 or G68.2 and make sure the machine is running correctly before adding in these other options. Dn't complicate the issue further. You really don't need DWO at this point. I am going to send you a test program. 4 inch block of aluminum. It engraves numbers on 4 sides and the top. It has both G68.2 and G43.4.

Sorry, mixing up terminology. My understanding is that i need WSEC, which is the equivalent of the Haas DWO that I have been using on our other 5 axis. Hence why I wanted a very simple program that could be probed off centre of the table, store the location in G54, and run correctly. That way I can get my head around what the codes are, the order of codes, and whether to turn things on and off during rotation.

Sorry, mixing up terminology. My understanding is that i need WSEC, which is the equivalent of the Haas DWO that I have been using on our other 5 axis.
Not necessarily true. You don't really need WSEC until you need to make angular orientation changes. Straight "work offset" type changes should be able to be set into G54, and G43.4 and G68.1 will follow that point without any trouble. If you need to make angular changes or translational changes on other faces you would then also add G54.4P# (WSEC) which will correctly compensate the machine dynamically. With large WSEC shift values or theoretical axis shifts, you could get some pretty wild somewhat illogical results. If using WSEC, its best to keep the values small, and make sure your parts are located somewhat close to where they were intended to be kinematically.

OK, I ride in on my guilded steed. First, the DVF5000 is not programmed from the center of rotation and this should not go into a work offset (G54). The center of rotation is stored in the kinematics parameters. You set a work offset just like any part on a 3 axis mill. The control does the rest when you use either TCP (G43.4) or TWP (G68.2). At this point, there is no need for DWO either. If your kinematics are dialed in, and the factory settings will be as good as they get right now, then TCP and TWP will give you great results.

And Douglas is right, you are not using the GUI properly. Your dealer should have gone over this with you already. Contact them.

Sounds like you need a lot of training, beyond just the machine. Nobody should be expected to jump into 5 axis not knowing what the machine is supposed to do or how your code should look. Get the required training from your dealer.

I have one document that I consider my bible for this machine, PM me your email address and I will send it to you. read it all, there is some great info in it and it will answer most of your questions.

regards,
Paul Anderson
Applications Engineer
Doosan Machine Tools America
[email protected]
old thread but i would love that document!

Back