What's new
What's new

Suggestions for conduit for Rotary Table 14-pin cable

DubbleTrubble

Aluminum
I've been bringing back to life an early '90s Haas HRT9 (9" rotary table) that I picked up at auction. You can read about the process here. One of the gremlins I found was a wire break (the air brake wire) in the 14-pin main cable between the servo controller and the table. As preventative maintenance, I'm going to replace the cable's wires and conduit and just retain the original amphenol connectors. It currently has 3/8" liquid tight flexible metal conduit, but man, it's not flexible. It would make great hula hoops. Perhaps it's just old. I'd just like the conduit to be a bit more manageable (i.e. flexible).

I read through old forums and this ultra flexible FMC from McMaster Carr (scroll down to the "Liquid-Tight Flexible Metal Conduit") seems to be a good one. I'd love to use something even more flexible like this SOOW 18/12, but I don't know if it would be wise, given the hot metal cuttings. This is for a home shop environment and I'm not hogging metal; just making tools and parts. Does anyone have thoughts or other suggestions? One requirement is that I can buy it by the foot or by the 10' length. I don't want to buy a 100' coil.

Thank you all.

uUPW6AO-ITcW-3ieQZs7DnVaucJXEoHvlYuN91BXd3ykKnlbhTalPHIl-CY-QoZqWKxFuYZygx5dk-HwnfI1-YHOiTktGxb-dPLRACaT9ShbLnoOCAWbYtlAoomG8sQp0Xl6nLhONtc=w2400

ELjlciscBs3b1dD3gQobmJf5rU3vtykdLVAMfuFWWQh0kwzXmxmwiR8A8zfVtj3mynANCuLVwDAFVrj7JMcLv7D_IWvMM9ss8H0OvccibMKtYx4agPgWonwHa9JFrHIhMFHGMPiyiDk=w2400

My Yuasa indexers all use Nipoflex-VF conduit. They're 20 years old, still look new, still extremely flexible and they've run production.

My Yuasa indexers all use Nipoflex-VF conduit. They're 20 years old, still look new, still extremely flexible and they've run production.
Did the indexers come with that conduit originally? I see it's out of Japan, especially with a name like Nipo. Have you seen it available for sale in the US?

Back