What's new
What's new

4th Axis physical layout questions

7" Samchully S-170F2 package (included installation and manual tail stock) on a new DNM5700 (that was 4th axis ready) in 2018 was $14,750.00 from Ellison. Tech was here for machine installation anyway, so travel was not additional.

7" Samchully S-170F2 package (included installation and manual tail stock) on a new DNM5700 (that was 4th axis ready) in 2018 was $14,750.00 from Ellison. Tech was here for machine installation anyway, so travel was not additional.

That is really good to know. Still haven't heard back from either Samchully for the quote on a S-200F4 or Ellison for a quote on either the Samchully or Tsudokoma. Then again I didn't hand feed the part numbers to the salesperson, they just called me cold to buy a Puma lathe (yes but not yet) and I asked for a quote on an 8" with tailstock so they might be lost. They aren't tremendously technical.

The Tsudokoma direct quote just has me annoyed because the retail for the Servo is $400 less than they are charging, the same with the Pratt Burnerd chuck, about $500 over retail. I assume the same for the Amp and wires. I mean at least let me pay retail and don't mark it up 10% - 30% like I don't have access to the internet. It's the same stuff in the same boxes.

I get these salesman use the "just pass the cost along to your customers, you will pay it off in 1 year instead of 9 months" attitude but that they said I would need to give them company credit references before they could set up an account for me leaves me feeling like they aren't trying real hard. That is a big lump sum for me doing my kind of work so I would like to at least see them act a little like they are giving me a good deal.

We shall see, at least if Ellison does it they can just send over a tech and it's only a 1 hour drive. Hope they can come up with a good price.

EDIT: Actually just checked the PBA chuck against the MSC price. They are $800 over MSC on a $1150 chuck. :skep:

Back