What's new
What's new

Anodizing Dyes

madmachinst

Stainless
Need a good source for anodizing dyes say 5 gallons at a time. Don't mind powders or liquids.
My best experience with black was not using just the Caswells stuff alone, but also mixing in some of the RIT stuff, but they don't have an OD green. Anyone know where I can get OD Green RIT powder (or liquid) and OD green dedicated anodizing Liquid or powder DYE? Good price of course.
Thanks

Yeah, UV resistance should be one of your primary criteria. Most red dyes in particular are especially "fugitive" when exposed to sunlight.

I’ve had thousands of dollars worth of parts ruined by anodizers with this attitude. There are many many black anodizing dies. RIT isn’t one of them. Just google anodizing chemicals.

I’ve had thousands of dollars worth of parts ruined by anodizers with this attitude. There are many many black anodizing dies. RIT isn’t one of them. Just google anodizing chemicals.
I didn't ask for chit chat comments, I asked for a good source of anodizing dye of which, Caswell's alone, didn't give me good results. your comments sir are not constructive to my original question. just Google anodizing chems is not helping either.

kingscote chemicals gives out samples and has OD green. lets see if their sample is big enough, or at least any good. As I grow will need more. found a source for the Rit too. Like I said I use a culmination of both items. I get better results at least with black ( they say black is hardest to anodize, need biggest pore size to have a decent uptake of dye) and results are nothing to be argued with.

Back