What's new
What's new

Any chance someone could help identify a mill? They say it's a Cinci No. 2, but I doubt it.

Chadmjohn

Plastic
So, I'm about to travel a couple hours to look at an old milling machine. Seller says it's a No. 2 Cincinnati, but the pics aren't making sense (for one, it has an ex-cell-o head). Any chance any of you can identify this machine?
1686170597916.png1686170626341.png1686170611193.png

Seller says it's a No. 2 Cincinnati, but the pics aren't making sense (for one, it has an ex-cell-o head).

I doubt it too. Looks like an old horizontal that someone bolted a head from an excello ram-type vertical onto. Which is okay .... sturdier than the original excello, power feeds everywhere.

But I would say it's not a cincinnati from the round bar overarm. Maybe not way back in the pleistocene but all the cincys I have seen always had a scraped cast overarm, while k&t and others used the round bar.

Yeah, so it's not just me! Never, EVER seen a Cinci that looks like this.

I'm with you, I think it's a Franken-mill.

Cinc hor from like 1913 - with modern stuff stuck on
I couldn't find any info on cinci that looked like the body in the pic. It appeared like a cinci in some areas, but being so old, i couldn't find a thing. i think I'll pass on this franken-mill. For what the seller is asking, there are far too many other options out there.

It was one of these made between my '13 and '23 catalogs. The '23 has the later "non round" over arm.

Add scan from 1913. Plain shown, could have been Universal

Attachments

• HP 1913_01.jpg
    HP 1913_01.jpg
    804.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Cinc No. 2 High Power.jpg
    Cinc No. 2 High Power.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
It was one of these made between my '13 and '23 catalogs. The '23 has the later "non round" over arm.

Add scan from 1913. Plain shown, could have been Universal
Thank you! Too bad it's in such neglected / un-original condition! I'd have loved to have one in original condition (original parts, not necessary new condition)

Back