What's new
What's new

Any idea the cost of Schunk Rota manual 3 jaw chucks ? (Photo)

Uh boy.... I knew it would be high...but this much... 200mm size (about 8") is $4,200 with plain back, $4,600 with D style back. :eek::eek:

And to top it off... 12 weeks to ship.:sulk:

I saw a Rota S Plus on a tired old Graziano Sag 12S, local auction. D1-4". Had a nice 'Super Chuck" in the tailstock too. Not only did the lathe look tired, the Reeves Drive sounded like a bucket of bolts.

Any ideas what does the brass button does on the face of the chuck?

Graziano Sag 12S Eric Paton 01.jpg Graziano Sag 12S Eric Paton 02.jpg Graziano Sag 12S Eric Paton 03.jpg

Doing some research on these chucks I see that it's still a family business although i dont know if there are stockholders.
They make some awesome toolholding equipment. It looks like mostly cnc but still make nice manual workholders.
I feel like selling some of my treasures to buy a $4,500.00 chuck for my $4,000.00 Mitsubishi Lathe.
I have never owned a decent three jaw but would like a good one.
Their hydraulic steady rests look tough.
I am not spamming for Schunk:D
Just impressed.
Mike

Cool Stuff

I saw a Rota S Plus on a tired old Graziano Sag 12S, local auction. D1-4". Had a nice 'Super Chuck" in the tailstock too. Not only did the lathe look tired, the Reeves Drive sounded like a bucket of bolts.

Any ideas what does the brass button does on the face of the chuck?

View attachment 424207 View attachment 424208 View attachment 424209
Brass buttons allow for rapid movement of the jaws. Push the button and you can slide the jaw in and out.

Back