What's new
What's new

Authoritative Monarch 10ee Modern Oil / Lubrication Chart

RatchetWerks

Plastic
Hey all,

I've been sifting through quite a few threads about which lubricants to use in my 3 oil-sight Monarch 10ee.
I've compiled the following information.
Can someone fact check this?

Namely
- 1 gallon McMaster brand/part number callout
- Center Reservoir oil type.

I've also included links where I found the information at the bottom.

1708914497531.png1708914501793.png
Reference PointLocation NameCapacity (Quarts)ScheduleLubricantOEM CalloutModern Call out
1Rear Spindle Bearing (Left Side)0.56 MonthsMO-11Vactra Light or Shell Hydraulic Oil 27Mobil DTE Light (ISO32)
2Headstock Reservoir (Middle)36 MonthsMO-11Vactra Light or Shell Hydraulic Oil 27Mobil DTE Light (ISO32)
3Front Spindle Bearing (Right Side)0.56 MonthsMO-11Vactra Light or Shell Hydraulic Oil 27Mobil DTE Light (ISO32)
4Tail Stock SpindleMO-12Vactra Heavy Medium or Shell Hydraulic Oil 33Mobil DTE Heavy Medium (ISO 68)
5Tailstock WaysMO-12Vactra Heavy Medium or Shell Hydraulic Oil 33Mobil DTE Heavy Medium (ISO 68)
6Apron Drain
7Apron0.5MO-14Sunoco Way Lubricant #80Mobil Vactra # 2 Way Oil
8Gear box Oil Level Gauge
9Gear Box- Reservoir Filling Point16 MonthsMO-12Vactra Heavy Medium or Shell Hydralic Oil 33Mobil DTE Heavy Medium (ISO 68)
12Speed Reducing Unit (Back Gear)1.56 MonthsMO-12Vactra Heavy Medium or Shell Hydraulic Oil 33Mobil DTE Heavy Medium (ISO 68)
14Main Drive Motor12 monthsMG-2Mobilux #2Mobilux EP2 (NLGI #2)

Modern FluidsMachine QTY (Quarts)McMaster Part (5 gal)McMaster Part (Generic Brand:1 Gallon)
Mobil DTE Light (ISO32) (MO-11)42158K343025K25
Mobile DTE Heavy Medium ISO68 (MO-12)2.52158K353025K34
Mobil Vactra # 2 Way Oil (MO-14)0.52158K411017K31
Mobil EP2 NLGI #2 (MG-2)n/a1416K43

Last edited:
The gallon containers that you have linked to are not Mobil brand oils. Check the SDS (Safety Data Sheet) link. The ones I checked are "Super Brand", which I'm not familiar with.

The gallon containers that you have linked to are not Mobil brand oils. Check the SDS (Safety Data Sheet) link. The ones I checked are "Super Brand", which I'm not familiar with.
You're 100% correct. I forgot to name that column "Generic". I'll update that. McMaster displays them in the same group "Turbine Oil". I'm trying to find a source of 1 gallon qty of these oils, so all the 10ee folks don't have 10 gallons of lubricants sitting in the shop for years :)

Also for anyone reading, I thought that ISO32 was an ISO standard for oil composition/end use case. It's just a standard for viscosity! You can have oils that serve different purposes with the same ISO callout.
1708958251714.png

I use Vactra #2 way oil for all the tailstock (also use it for the ELSR end below the tailstock). The tailstock ways would want it and it's good for the quill. Biggest reason is that I've got the can right there and I don't have heavy medium in a squirt can.

I'm sure this has been stated ad nauseum, but use Vacuoline 1409 instead of Vactra #2. Same thing, but with the tackifiers that #2 used to use in the original formula. Vacuoline won't drip and run all over the place.

As I remember, and it been awhile, I went to the Mobil Distrb. in Dallas and bought a 5 gal pail. That probably was over 10 yrs ago, and still 1/2 a pail.

You're 100% correct. I forgot to name that column "Generic". I'll update that. McMaster displays them in the same group "Turbine Oil". I'm trying to find a source of 1 gallon qty of these oils, so all the 10ee folks don't have 10 gallons of lubricants sitting in the shop for years :)

Also for anyone reading, I thought that ISO32 was an ISO standard for oil composition/end use case. It's just a standard for viscosity! You can have oils that serve different purposes with the same ISO callout.
View attachment 430564
So did you end up buying / using those generics?

Back