What's new
What's new

Broken OTS probe

tblaeske

Plastic
I had an operator unfortunately drop a tool right on to my Renishaw OTS probe, fracturing the breakaway. I've got all that replaced and leveled, but can't find an info on calibrating the probe. Best I've come up with is a quick MDI program of G65 P9855 D5000 (stylus head) R3750 (bar in holder) T20 (my open position); M30. This is on a Bridgeport V710 mill with a Fanuc oi-MF controller. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Right now, with the probe stylus back in plane, my tools are measuring 0.072" long as compared to my Koma height setter. I'd like to get this dialed back in so I don't have folks putting in ridiculous offsets.

I had an operator unfortunately drop a tool right on to my Renishaw OTS probe, fracturing the breakaway. I've got all that replaced and leveled, but can't find an info on calibrating the probe. Best I've come up with is a quick MDI program of G65 P9855 D5000 (stylus head) R3750 (bar in holder) T20 (my open position); M30. This is on a Bridgeport V710 mill with a Fanuc oi-MF controller. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Right now, with the probe stylus back in plane, my tools are measuring 0.072" long as compared to my Koma height setter. I'd like to get this dialed back in so I don't have folks putting in ridiculous offsets.
not parameter 5015 5016 5017 5018?

I don’t know the specifics on your machine, but I would think there should be a calibration routine where you put a tool with known gage length in the spindle and set the presetter with that.
Don’t forget to remeasure the spindle probe too.

Back