What's new
What's new

Buck 3 jaw chuck part needed

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Re my recent thread about quality six inch 3 jaw chucks with D1-4 mount, on Friday I found a six inch Buck Adjust-Thru with D1-4 mount lying on the shop floor I didn't even know I owned !

Seems in nice shape but it's missing the little Buck nameplate that goes in a small recessed hole on the face. Anyone know if Forkardt might have any of these littl Buck nameplates lying around ?

Silly, I know...but what the heck...

I think this is the current Buck website (ITW Workholding/Forkardt): Buck Chuck Co.

The pictures on the website are a bit variable. They don't seem to make the old style Ajust-Tru chuck anymore. I am not sure they still use the round stick-on label, though one picture does show one on a chuck.

Some Buck chucks have the name stamped in and some don't. There are several other makers of chucks that are essentially copies of the old Buck Ajust-Tru design. If the little sticker is missing and the Buck name is not stamped in, the chuck could be a copy. The copies I have seen look as good as real Buck chucks, and they are often newer and in better shape. One brand is BTC, for instance. I have a new BTC with the sticker missing, and it could be easily mistaken for a Buck.

Larry

LV, this one is definitely a Buck. I know this because I have another Buck 6 inch Adjust-Thru 3 jaw* on a Hardinge HLV-H and every detail matches perfectly, including the diameter of the Buck nameplate recess, (the HLV-H one still has the nameplate), and the number 2063R stamped in the face of both chucks.

But speaking of copies, this is precisely why I want a nameplate for it ! I want to sell this one and figure it would bring more $ with the nameplate as that would add confidence that it really is a Buck.

* Not to be confused with yet another find today, a six inch Buck *6* jaw adjust thru...check your email ;)

There seems to be a few logos laying around.
.506 .773, 1.115 dia., would one of those work,or are you the one we sent one to.

B. Buck... I think Michelle at Forkardt is sending me two. After search my chuck inventory yesterday I found I have *four* Buck Adjust-Thru 5 inch diameter with Hardinge mount, and found another two 6 inch Buck Adjust-Thru. All of these still have the Buck nameplates but the screen printing color has washed out, so would be good to replace those too if you have spares. They are all the smallest size .506 I guess. Can supply stamped numbers on chucks if needed.

B. Buck...LOL...nah, I've had these sitting in a Lista cabinet for 6 years probably...just tucked away and forgot about them. Stuff accumulates from auctions and I forget about them, but I really need to clean them up and sell them, hence the desirablity of nameplates to "spiffy" things up a bit.

Buck Adjust-Thru must have been *the* choice for Hardinge machines, as every one of these has Hardinge taper mounts. Plus I have two HLV-H's with Buck chucks.

Back