What's new
What's new

Buck 8.25" 6 jaw Adjust-Tru lathe chuck + extra jaws

smdubovsky

Hot Rolled
For sale: Buck 8.25" diameter, 6-jaw, Adjust-Tru chuck. There is an extra set of jaws included.

Things to note:
1) *BOTH* sets of jaws are the same direction (NOT one inside and one outside set - I missed that when I bought it originally.)
2) It has marks/dings as can be seen on both the body and jaws in the pics. It is NOT new but is in good useable shape. Its hard to see in the pics but the 2nd set of jaws appear to have been lightly touched by a toolpost grinder. The set on the chuck have some cutter marks. Again, don't expect them to be in perfect shape. I just want to be honest w/ the description and have a happy buyer. Please look at the pics carefully.
3) I've recently opened the chuck and cleaned all parts in the parts washer. The inside of the scroll ring and pinion were greased on reassembly but the scroll where it contacts the jaws only get a little vactra (IME, exposed grease here just catches chips.) I'll squirt it w/ a coat of LPS2 before shipping (the thin oily stuff, not the heavy waxy LPS3.)

I originally planned to take the extra jaw set, anneal, then machining to hold 2-pc jaw tops but found another chuck first. The Adjust-tru backplate is NOT included (you will need one that fits whatever lathe spindle you have.) It uses a 1/2" chuck key (also NOT included).

$250+ship. Its ~3.25" thick when I take the jaws off so should fit in a large flat rate box w/ some plywood packing.

Contact via email is best. My email is my Practical Machinist username @ gmail.com

Pics if I can't get them attached here:
Buck 6jaw pictures by smd2000 - Photobucket

IMAG0223_back.jpgIMAG0224_front_resize800.jpgIMAG0227_jaws1.jpgIMAG0226_side.jpgIMAG0228_jaws2.jpg

Back