What's new
What's new

Doosan Lynx Parts getting stuck on outfeed conveyor

alek95

Cast Iron
We have a couple Doosan Lynx 2600SY lathes. Great machines.

Only problem is that whoever designed the part catcher and outfeed conveyor did a really bad job.

There is flat area where parts are constantly getting stuck on because it's way too flat for them to roll down consistently.

I'm certain that some of you have engineered a fix for this.

I already adjusted the part catcher as best as I could. I think the only way to fix this is to make modifications to the machine.

Attachments

• 20230712_165311.jpg
    20230712_165311.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 42
  • 20230712_165317.jpg
    20230712_165317.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 42
  • 20230712_165521.jpg
    20230712_165521.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 42
That is super annoying. I don't suppose you can simply put a ramp there because it will make the bottom of the opening too high, huh?

Don't be afraid to lower the entire outside unit, keeping the bottom of the hole in the same place. Then you can increase the slope of that shelf your parts are on. I hope there is no bed casting in the way.

Another possibility is a small vibrator on the underneath of that shelf.

I've made very extensive coneyor and parts chute mods on screw machines. Everyone puts the conveyors on the inside of the cabinet because its pretty and streamlined. It's is worse than worthless. Parts stuck and lost, conveyor full of oil and chips, and lots of bad words.

That is super annoying. I don't suppose you can simply put a ramp there because it will make the bottom of the opening too high, huh?

Don't be afraid to lower the entire outside unit, keeping the bottom of the hole in the same place. Then you can increase the slope of that shelf your parts are on. I hope there is no bed casting in the way.

Another possibility is a small vibrator on the underneath of that shelf.

I've made very extensive coneyor and parts chute mods on screw machines. Everyone puts the conveyors on the inside of the cabinet because its pretty and streamlined. It's is worse than worthless. Parts stuck and lost, conveyor full of oil and chips, and lots of bad words.
Luckily there is no casting in the way. Just sheet metal.

Most likely we will have to modify the entire unit to make the slope steeper and then lower the outside conveyor. Luckily the conveyor is on castors so easy to just remove those.

Luckily the shop I work at is primarily a sheet metal and welding shop.

Still a pain in the ass job.

I hate the in-enclosure conveyors. It is very disconcerting to see a part ran three jobs back come out of the end of that dark little hole.

I had to fix that mess and it works flawlessly now.

That's a shame, that they are still shipping brand new machines like this. We just got a new one on the floor this week and it's the same as the older ones.
Have them come out and "fix" it at their cost. That's unacceptable.

Back