What's new
What's new

FANUC I SERIES BYPASS HELP

Austinbowden

Plastic
Working with newer I series and we are having production/automation issues that are frustrating to say the least

We designed a part loader and have variations in jaw closure

So we get alarms when the proximity switch is not triggered

Unfortunately we had to add a clean out portion where we grab nothing and turn on the coolant

Instead of fighting with proximity switches, I would love to just bypass or disable temporarily the proximity switch requirement

Anybody know a parameter or a M code?

Hyundai Wia with Fanuc I series controller

Not sure there is a parameter that will do what you want. Do to safety factors, it's probably all controlled in the Ladder, which mayor may not be reconfigurable, especially momentarily. But I have a couple ideas for you.

To be clear... you're grabbing nothing (no jaw movement) but wanting to spin the spindle/chuck while applying a wash down?

1) Through a Macro command, you might be able to switch your chuck from OD clamping to ID. On my 18i lathe those functions are displayed in the Custom/Operation Panel Menu if I remember right. You'd have to dig to find what system variable needs to be changed. (If there is one) Might even be in a DATA Table or Keep Relay Setting. You might have to cycle the jaw once to make it recognize the change??Just guessing there.

2) Perhaps you have a couple spare M codes laying around doing nothing? If so, capture that M codes output to control the coil of a 24VDC relay that intercepts one or more of the Proximity Sensor wires. Add that M code into your program at the appropriate time. Of course you'll need another to make sure it gets turned off again. Just don't let your Insurance Adjuster know about it.

Not great...but all I got.

I'm sure it is machine builder specific but you can change a keep relay to use/not use the chuck proximity switches.

Edit: Doug's idea would be safer

I'm sure it is machine builder specific but you can change a keep relay to use/not use the chuck proximity switches.

Edit: Doug's idea would be safer
I’ve had to change keepers on older Fanuc0

Just don’t know who to ask

I’m hoping the M31 works
Or
The macros suggested in the first reply

I am absolutely certain that many people rotate their spindle when using bar feeders and it seems to be an industry standard

I’m having a real hard time believing that I can’t do this

Unfortunately, the boss claims he has researched this and come up empty but I am having a hard time just taking it as fact

The function of most all keeprelays is builder determined, not Fanuc. Any keeprelay that affects chucking and use of sensors will absolutely be builder dependent

Use of M31 to bypass interlocks, while sorta common, again is builder determined. It’s all part of the builder’s integration of the control to the machine and their ladder logic. For things like this your builder’s documentation or their applications department will be your best source of accurate information.

If the builder has not provided anything to do what you want you have to roll your own solution. Some builders spec the control with on board ladder edit capability so one can append or modify the ladder to suit their needs or one can often do a hardware solution using various relays and timers driven by an auxiliary M code.

you can disable this in the keep relay table. In our machine it's called "FIX1.CL.PS.CHK." in the ladder and you can disable it by K0062.1 in our machine. Yours could be different.

Working with newer I series and we are having production/automation issues that are frustrating to say the least

We designed a part loader and have variations in jaw closure

So we get alarms when the proximity switch is not triggered

Unfortunately we had to add a clean out portion where we grab nothing and turn on the coolant

Instead of fighting with proximity switches, I would love to just bypass or disable temporarily the proximity switch requirement

Anybody know a parameter or a M code?

Hyundai Wia with Fanuc I series controller

Can you just git away with jumping from the output to actuate the gripper, to the input that says that it has arrived?

I tried that on one of my machines recently as a work-around for a problem, but there must be a slight dwell in my set-up - as it doesn't like it. But yours may be different.

It just seems to me that it should work.

(ass_u_ming both are 24V of course)

------------------------

I am Ox and I approve this here post!

Back