What's new
What's new

Fanuc O-T issue

Danvil

Plastic
Hey guys just got this Topper Elliot lathe plugged in for the first time.
It’s fires up but stuck on this screen.

“ 0669 - 06
Servo : 9046-09
PMC : C302 -F5
Copyright fanuc ltd 1988-1995
Not Ready “

Any advice ? I can’t find any help in my book..

Attachments

• D0344F2E-D830-472D-9EDA-DF9E93270867.jpeg
    D0344F2E-D830-472D-9EDA-DF9E93270867.jpeg
    300.9 KB · Views: 15
Hey guys just got this Topper Elliot lathe plugged in for the first time.
It’s fires up but stuck on this screen.

“ 0669 - 06
Servo : 9046-09
PMC : C302 -F5
Copyright fanuc ltd 1988-1995
Not Ready “

Any advice ? I can’t find any help in my book..
Hello Danvil,
Does your machine have a rotary type power to the control cabinet main switch, one where you have to turn it CCW to be able to be able to open the electrical cabinet? If so, its likely that this CCW position of the switch is also labeled "Reset". Again if so, try turning the switch to this extreme CCW position and hold it there for a few seconds, then turn the switch in the CW direction to supply power to the machine and attempt to turn the control on as normal.

Regards,

Bill

Bill, are you suggesting being hung at that page of startup might be caused by not having all 3 legs of power from the switch?

If Bill's suggestion of holding the power switch to the left doesn't work, you might check incoming power at/after the switch, to see if you are getting all 3 legs of power through the switch.

I have an alternate possibility to check. One of my 0m machines will hang at the same position if the e-stop is pushed in. It will stay there until it is removed. None of the other 4 machines we have with 0 controls do this, I'm unsure why this one machine behaves this way. So I would suggest checking your e-stop circuit if the above suggestion didn't work. Related question to you; are any of the axis near the extents of travel? I would similarly wonder if being on the hard overtravel switch when you start it up would possibly cause it too.

No. But there is a Reset feature with Fanuc Control via the main Switch.

Regards
Ah. I don't think any of my machines have that. The 0m by my desk here says "release reset" when you turn to the left, but there is nothing connected to the switch internally, except the main wires in and out of the switch.

There are 3 small wires coming out the side of this fuji switch, labelled "auxiliary switch" but they don't go to anything. I assumed they were for a power-out function but that was only an assumption. Maybe that'd be for a reset?

Edit: nevermind, I see this is just a normal "reset" similar to what I'm used to seeing in residential breakers when they pop. Honestly I didn't realize they had that functionality, I always simply treated them as a simple switch, but they are breakers.

Last edited:
Hey guys.
It was the emergency stop.. It’s up and running!

Only issue I have with it now is the offsets seem to read out of place

Tool 1 reads offset 2
Tool 2 reads offset 3
And so on all the way down the list

Back