What's new
What's new

Fryer ET-18 Lathe X Axis following error

Mpbrix92

Plastic
Good morning like the subject of my post says I have been encountering an X-Axis following error when running our fryer lathe, when it happens the machine stops feeding in the X axis, sometimes if it occurs during a cycle it will continually cut on the Z without moving in or out on the X. Other times it just stops but in the end we usually end up just powering it off and have to re home and cross your fingers it will be good after. I was just wondering if anyone has run into this problem or may have run into it on another machine.

wondering if its loosing signal from the encoder on the motor. or if the encoder has a spot where it likes to drop signal.
ie like a bad cable and bends in the right way and breaks continuity. check the cable and connectors for it.

Thanks for the reply I will see if I can access those wires without taking anything apart otherwise ill get one of our maintenance guys to take a look. One of the slight downfalls about a union shop is we cant venture to far outside our job description.

Back