What's new
What's new

John Deere Parts Source

Richard Rogers

Titanium
Who does everyone trust for good new John Deere parts without paying an arm and a leg? I'm rebuilding a 6414 naturally aspirated diesel for a forklift. I'm leery, like anyone, of something too cheap, but inflated parts costs are also a no-no. This engine should be no problem sourcing in both the agricultural and construction sides of JD suppliers. Many thanks for whatever you gents offer as a parts source. Richard

How old is that engine? If it’s old enough, even parts through Deere might not be true “OEM” parts. Reliance is the supplier for a great many engine kits and reviews on them are mixed. Head gaskets in particular are often junk. I would ask a lot of questions as to where exactly the parts come from in a kit, and if it is Reliance or any such, be sure to double and triple check everything as you go.

After looking for main-bearing bolts, I decided the old OEM ones were probably less scary than the mysteriously-sourced bolts I'd get from somewhere today. Anything I thought I'd like was out of stock, and cheapies I could get my hands on were not in my comfort zone. I'm sure many others ended up just the same place I didn.

After looking for main-bearing bolts, I decided the old OEM ones were probably less scary than the mysteriously-sourced bolts I'd get from somewhere today. Anything I thought I'd like was out of stock, and cheapies I could get my hands on were not in my comfort zone. I'm sure many others ended up just the same place I didn.
worst case scenario, contact ARP for bolts and studs. that is all they do. $400 for head bolts but they are what you pay for.

Back