What's new
What's new

K&T 5HP 2CH with numerous attachments Price UNKNOWN and need assistance.

drom68

Cast Iron
I have had this K&T and acquired several attachments and over the last two years have not used it much. I am not quite sure on a price for everything. I do not want to separate any of it. Not sure if I am breaking any rules on posting location or not having a price. Take a look and help out. IMG_1257.jpgIMG_1258.jpgIMG_1256.jpgIMG_1259.jpgIMG_1260.jpg

Attachments for the K&T

Attachments

• IMG_1266.jpg
    IMG_1266.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1265.jpg
    IMG_1265.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1264.jpg
    IMG_1264.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1263.jpg
    IMG_1263.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1263.jpg
    IMG_1263.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1261.jpg
    IMG_1261.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1262.jpg
    IMG_1262.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 52
More attachments

Attachments

• IMG_1267.jpg
    IMG_1267.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1268.jpg
    IMG_1268.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1269.jpg
    IMG_1269.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1270.jpg
    IMG_1270.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1271.jpg
    IMG_1271.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1272.jpg
    IMG_1272.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 45
And more stuff

Attachments

• IMG_1273.jpg
    IMG_1273.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1274.jpg
    IMG_1274.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1275.jpg
    IMG_1275.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1276.jpg
    IMG_1276.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1277.jpg
    IMG_1277.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 31
Appologize for the duplicates just showing different angles.

Attachments

• IMG_1278.jpg
    IMG_1278.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1279.jpg
    IMG_1279.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1280.jpg
    IMG_1280.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1281.jpg
    IMG_1281.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 36
Machine with vertical head and 1 outboard, $2k. Maybe 2500.

The attachments drive up value. But only to that special collector. One with money and interest. You do have a pretty amazing set of extras. If I had to guess 6k? After a long wait. Dealer would want 15k. Never sell.

Machine with vertical head and 1 outboard, $2k. Maybe 2500.

The attachments drive up value. But only to that special collector. One with money and interest. You do have a pretty amazing set of extras. If I had to guess 6k? After a long wait. Dealer would want 15k. Never sell.
Thanks, I was thinking around $7k. The correct drive gears for the vertical heads and the shaper are present. The rack cutting attachment is somewhat difficult to find. I'm looking for that buyer to take it all vs a part out. Took a while and a bunch of luck to find it all. I also have a large rotab, I think it goes with a bigger K&T, but that can be included as well. I'll grab a pic of that and post.

You need to ask higher, let them beat you down...

Really want top dollar? Clean everything thoroughly, take youtube videos of it running. Showcase each attachment. If nothing else it preserves the knowledge and exposes the existence. As example I didnt even realize you had the rack attachment and I looked right at it. Might want to push price even higher. It is pretty amazing you have all the rare pieces. Some I have never seen in the wild.

Really want top dollar? Clean everything thoroughly, take youtube videos of it running. Showcase each attachment. If nothing else it preserves the knowledge and exposes the existence.
I don't think I am looking for "top dollar", more of someone who is genuinely interested in preserving the set. You do bring up great points and I agree. Cleaning it and preserving the knowledge would go a long way. Attached is the rotab, I am pretty sure it goes to a bigger version K&T. If I do clean it and make it fully operational, I will probably want to keep it.... A youtube vid is an awesome idea.

Attachments

• IMG_1287.jpg
    IMG_1287.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 32
You don’t mention the condition of the mill itself? That is a very nice collection of accessories.
I had a 2H Universal with quite a few accessories I had collected over ten or so years. Then I bought a CNC mill and sold the 2H for $1500 with everything except the dividing head and gearbox/gears. I have since used it several times on the CNC and wanted to keep it as a set for any future owner.
I sold it quickly and cheaply mainly because the mill itself had a very worn main table and I needed the space. The buyer also bought my Ward turret lathe and I felt sorry for him for making that mistake. (it was a big beast and tricky to run as a first lathe)
The 2H was a very good machine despite the wear and was a pleasure to run compared to the Cinnic #2 I have that is not a pleasure to run. It is OK but not great like the K&T. I was very sad to see it go but eager to learn CNC so it had to be done.
If your machine is in good working order and not worn too much then I would be keeping that gem and cleaning/restoring all the accessories.

You don’t mention the condition of the mill itself? That is a very nice collection of accessories.
I had a 2H Universal with quite a few accessories I had collected over ten or so years. Then I bought a CNC mill and sold the 2H for $1500 with everything except the dividing head and gearbox/gears. I have since used it several times on the CNC and wanted to keep it as a set for any future owner.
I sold it quickly and cheaply mainly because the mill itself had a very worn main table and I needed the space. The buyer also bought my Ward turret lathe and I felt sorry for him for making that mistake. (it was a big beast and tricky to run as a first lathe)
The 2H was a very good machine despite the wear and was a pleasure to run compared to the Cinnic #2 I have that is not a pleasure to run. It is OK but not great like the K&T. I was very sad to see it go but eager to learn CNC so it had to be done.
If your machine is in good working order and not worn too much then I would be keeping that gem and cleaning/restoring all the accessories.
The mill itself is in good shape. I have a job shop and it has saved my butt a few times. But I don't use it that much and like you, could use the space. But I also realize I have a few too many things on my plate and doubt I will put the mill and accessories to full use. But Mebfab brought up some great points. Thanks

The fixture in IMG_1274 looks an awful lot like one used on a tool and cutter grinder to sharpen horizontal milling cutters by regrinding the faces.

Fantastic collection. If I were in a different position, I would be very interested. I don't think $6k is out of line.

Back