What's new
What's new

Kellogg-American model335TVX connecting rod question

Pumpface1

Plastic
I’m rebuilding aKA model335 TVX compressor.I purchased the “kit” that includes what apparently I will need. The entire unit has been disassembled and I discovered in the lower case a needle from a needle bearing. I removed both wrist pins and both pistons to check the needle bearings. Both are okay- in good repair , not missing any pieces. Oponlooking @ the crank shaft and con rods, it looks to me that the rod that holds the larger piston is slightly bent. There is no wear showing in the cylinder wall, on the piston or rod bearing.Is this designed this way? Any help on this would be super, I’m itchin to reassemble and fire it up!
Thanks in advance!, Pumpface1

I didn't know you could get kits. Mine is from WW2 era, nice and slow and big honking 2hp motor. Want to rebuild and throw it on a vertical tank instead!
Any rate mine has quite the rod knock so...

Back in the day of skinny Ford flathead rods, every automotive machine shop had a Sunnen TN-111 rod alignment fixture. Should be one near you.

29f72c975a863f014d45d1ea5c7f819b.jpg

jack vines

Thanks all for your input! I’ve got a new con rod on the way, so I’ll compare old w/ new and see what’s what. I’ll keep updating progress!
thanks again, Pumpface1

Back