What's new
What's new

Leblond Regal

woodsrider845

Hot Rolled
Ahhhhhhhh.... I avoided posting anything about this machine.
It was free.

Yes. Free.

Delivered.

But.....

She face planted. Prior to me getting her.

I had to make a lot of parts. A LOT of parts.

She's finally useable. I still have to make/source/whatever some selector knobs, but she makes chips. Well, fuck that, she made money today.

The fact that it came with a 3 (reversable) jaw, 4 jaw, 2j collet , and a jacobs flex collet chuck (yes, I have multiple sets of collets!!!) may have something to do with my decision to reconstruct her.

Or... It could be my self destructive (expensive) issue, of not wanting to see any machine tools scrapped.

Not gonna lie. The feed selector is probably going to fuck me. Hard. To me, Very different. Up is longitudinal, down is cross feed. Seriously? What. The. Fuck.?

Totally gonna crash this bitch , at the worst possible moment.

Not sure what you mean. I'll post pics tomorrow. This is the front faced selector, not the left to right set up. When she pitched over, everything on her face got trashed.
Unfortunately, the broken selector lever (the hardest fucking thing to make!!!!!) was not in the box of shit that came with. A ;lot of the other broken things were there, so it was a matter of brazing them. Of course, all the difficult stuff was missing. I ended up machining a rough estimate of the lever out of an old cast counterweight from a scrapped drill press. Yes, I had to remove the stub from the box ( actually simple) to braze it, and no, I did not not remove the bearing or the spline gear.

It's [pretty fucking legit.

I no longer have a Regal so hopefully someone else here will chime in. The feed lever (iirc) has to be pushed to the left to enable it to be pushed up for lengthwise, and pulled out (right) to enable it to be pushed down for facing. It should not be able to be moved directly from turning to facing.

I no longer have a Regal so hopefully someone else here will chime in. The feed lever (iirc) has to be pushed to the left to enable it to be pushed up for lengthwise, and pulled out (right) to enable it to be pushed down for facing. It should not be able to be moved directly from turning to facing.

That's what mine does........Bob

Well, I like THAT idea. Hopefully it's just a simple, clean out some crust from a ball detent kinda fix. If not, I'll fix it regardless.

This machine is the smallest gurl at the party, and is kinda different (in a special kinda way:D) from all my other lathes. Anything you'd mention to be aware of?

Thanks

Back