What's new
What's new

Looking for good Fusion 360 posts for a Brother Speedio

DavidScott

Diamond
I recently got an R650 and now I am looking for a/some good Fusion 360 posts for it. I have downloaded the correct one off of AutoDesk's site but it has some issues. What I have found so far is it doesn't use reducing pecks for peck drilling, it only posts Q, no W or V, and after changing the tool to a tap it turns the spindle on like it was a drill. I am sure there are other bugs and while I may be able to fix them it would be easier to start with a better post, plus you may have made modifications I would like anyway. I understand about use at your own risk, it is a post after all. My email is [email protected] Posts with in-process probing with Yamazen's macros would be a real bonus. Probe is a Renishaw OMP40.

I have downloaded the correct one off of AutoDesk's site but it has some issues.
Have you looked through the post processor forum? I've found revised versions of posts there, with good descriptions of the changes made and why, which made them better posts to start with than the posted AD versions.

I search for the name of the control I'm working with, and read the threads that show up. Users post their in progress posts, the moderators post the edits, other readers are free to download the files and use them.

All I see are people asking for help with the Brother Speedio posts, nothing to use there. Rick Finsta was there complaining about the spindle on for taps issue, but no posted fix. It looks like I have till Friday before I will be posting code so hopefully a few will email me their working posts.

The standard post I downloaded a couple years ago works well for our S series Brothers, not sure what might be different than your R650. It posts straight G01s and G00s for reducing peck drilling, which is a little annoying but has no actual effect.

The spindle does turn on for tapping while it moves from max spindle height to the clearance height, the turns off while moving to feed top. Unnecessary, but not an issue to me.

I can send it over, the only customization I've done is modify the tool air blast code to match what we mapped the solenoid to on the control.

Lott - I fixed the G83 issue so it posts W and V values and haven't looked into the M3 when tapping issue. I had the same problem with my Yasnac post that got fixed so I have a good post to compare to, which is how I fixed the drilling problem. While I can and will use it as is it will drive me nuts having the post make my machine do stupid things.

Mtndew - I can make some edits, especially if I have a post that does what I want to compare to, but I expect others here have already done the work and I am hoping they will share. There is no rush as most of the programs it will run will be cleaned up by Finger Cam.

A couple of things. If you choose Blum probe instead of Renishaw, it will probably post out probing better. If your macros are 700 numbered programs.
For tapping, leave the spindle off. The spindle is turned on by the canned cycle. If it turns on it will just turn off before tapping which is annoying. I prefer to use the G77 or G277 tapping code. G77 will do chip breaker/high speed peck tapping if Q is added. G277 will do full retract out of the hole on each peck. Use J for TPI, use I for metric pitch. Code will look like this G77 Z-.5 R.1 J20 S3000 L6000 ( example for 20 TPI, S is tapping speed, add L for different exit speed if wanted). I have heard posts for Fusion and support is pretty good.

One of the things I like about Fusion is how easy the posts are to edit. With no experience or training I've been able to tweak things. During last years SolidCam experiment I tried to get the post to work and it might as well have been Egyptian.

I recently got an R650 and now I am looking for a/some good Fusion 360 posts for it. I have downloaded the correct one off of AutoDesk's site but it has some issues. What I have found so far is it doesn't use reducing pecks for peck drilling, it only posts Q, no W or V, and after changing the tool to a tap it turns the spindle on like it was a drill. I am sure there are other bugs and while I may be able to fix them it would be easier to start with a better post, plus you may have made modifications I would like anyway. I understand about use at your own risk, it is a post after all. My email is [email protected] Posts with in-process probing with Yamazen's macros would be a real bonus. Probe is a Renishaw OMP40.

I used to program for a shop of all brother machines. I got 2 posts fully customized to include Renshaw probing support and to use subprograms for around $2k from Nexgen Cam. After I cut them a PO I had a working post the next day and any changes and fixes done the same day. And I think they offered lifetime support for the posts. Well worth the money. Save yourself the hassle and pay for a custom edit

Has anybody added the M# functionality to the Blum probing cycle post?
I have a modification for our Haas post that does away with the extra P9832s and P9833s when you have multiple probe operations, it would be really sweet to have this for the Brother post as well.
I hand edited them into a program and found it saved about 15 seconds, which ends up to be about 25 minutes by the end of a shift. Would be nice to have that happen auto-magically...

I started a thread in the Fusion forums but figured I'd also ask here.

Has anybody added the M# functionality to the Blum probing cycle post?
I have a modification for our Haas post that does away with the extra P9832s and P9833s when you have multiple probe operations, it would be really sweet to have this for the Brother post as well.
I hand edited them into a program and found it saved about 15 seconds, which ends up to be about 25 minutes by the end of a shift. Would be nice to have that happen auto-magically...

I started a thread in the Fusion forums but figured I'd also ask here.
That sounds interesting. When you get it figured out please post what you find here.

I did all of the testing with programs made in MasterCAM a while ago so I was a bit fuzzy trying to remember all the details. I just generated the same routine in Fusion360 and retested, it turns out I was wrong about the timing...it sped up the probe routine by 15 seconds per part, not per program.
We run 2 parts each cycle so its actually 30 seconds faster x 100 cycles per day x 4 days per week x 50 weeks per year = 166 hours saved!

Definitely worth figuring out if you do a lot of probing.

I remember Tonytn36 talking about this some time ago. I do remember what he was doing was rather complicated but it was to save time probing in production. It is surprising how much a few seconds can add up over the course of a year.

Lott - I fixed the G83 issue so it posts W and V values and haven't looked into the M3 when tapping issue. I had the same problem with my Yasnac post that got fixed so I have a good post to compare to, which is how I fixed the drilling problem. While I can and will use it as is it will drive me nuts having the post make my machine do stupid things.

Mtndew - I can make some edits, especially if I have a post that does what I want to compare to, but I expect others here have already done the work and I am hoping they will share. There is no rush as most of the programs it will run will be cleaned up by Finger Cam.
Would you share yasnac fix? Not got to that yet myself, changed bunch other stuff tho

Back