What's new
What's new

Looking for shop for tight tolerance monel parts (JRIowa?)

robert123

Stainless
I am looking for a shop to make some tight tolerance monel parts. I think they are around 8" diameter and 12" long with a bunch of cross holes, tolerances down to +/- .0005, a real ugly part. At that size, each blank of material is probably around $5k, so I am looking for a shop experienced in that sort of thing. I seem to remember JRIowa talking about doing lots of monel and other less friendly alloys. Does anyone know where he worked?

I am looking for a shop to make some tight tolerance monel parts. I think they are around 8" diameter and 12" long with a bunch of cross holes, tolerances down to +/- .0005, a real ugly part. At that size, each blank of material is probably around $5k, so I am looking for a shop experienced in that sort of thing. I seem to remember JRIowa talking about doing lots of monel and other less friendly alloys. Does anyone know where he worked?
I am pretty sure it was:
Fisher Controls International in Marshalltown IA.
Address: 1702 S 12th Ave, Marshalltown, IA 50158

Phone: (641) 754-3011

Denis

Since you are Arkansas, Check this shop out.
I've heard lots of good things about them.

I used to work for Fisher now Emerson Electric, we never took on outside work. They are a manufacturing plant that does there own product.
Any reputable shop should be able to quote. Monel can be a pain but like any material it can be done.

Fisher Services; not sure if that's the same place as Fisher Controls. We used to sub work on valves for them all the time at a place I used to work.

The guy on EDGE Precision on YouTube does high precision machining on stuff like this. He's in Houston and the shop he works out of does that kind of machining on exotic materials like Monel.

Fisher Services; not sure if that's the same place as Fisher Controls. We used to sub work on valves for them all the time at a place I used to work.
Fisher services was or is a regional service center for repair of valves , the Marshalltown location is the head office and main plant for valve manufacturing and research. Cant speak for other regional service centers, but here we did not do any other work than Valves.
Lots of Monel, Hasteloy, Inconel etc.

He worked at Marshalltown Iowa Fisher Controls Plant, he passed away years ago.

Fisher services was or is a regional service center for repair of valves , the Marshalltown location is the head office and main plant for valve manufacturing and research. Cant speak for other regional service centers, but here we did not do any other work than Valves.
Lots of Monel, Hasteloy, Inconel etc.

Yup, I was aware of that, but thought the whole company was called Fisher Services, didn't realize they used different names. A lot of our stuff was shipped to Marshalltown.

Yup, I was aware of that, but thought the whole company was called Fisher Services, didn't realize they used different names. A lot of our stuff was shipped to Marshalltown.
Years ago Emerson Electric bought Fisher Controls, and changed the name to Emerson Process Management , the regional service centers are now called I.V.S. Instrument and Valve Services.

Back