What's new
What's new

Machine Tool Inspection Testing devices (long)

The Hamar laser systems that I'm somewhat familiar with are "alignment" lasers that illuminate a quad-cell-type photodetector, electronically measuring the in-detector-plane location where the beam hits the detector. There is no ability to measure location along the beam axis.

On the other hand, an interferometer is inherently a instrument for measuring along-beam displacement. Interferometer measurements of displacements across the beam and of rotations around axes perpendicular to the beam are performed by using supplemental beamsteering optics that perturb the length of the beam as a function of the parameter being measured.

There is a lot of overlap between the two technologies; with suitable supplemental optics either one can measure across-beam motion and rotation and machine-axis-squareness. But lead screw error mapping is the interferometer's territory, with a little bit of competition from the non-contacting-super-encoder type of linear position sensor such as the one Heidenhein markets.

John

my big problem is my reading comprehemption with technical stuff is about diddle.
you bring that pile of lasers and balls out to the shop and play with it and I'm all your's for day's. i just went through a merger of 2 company's about 9 mill/yr each.
one was mine "ts16949" a2La bolt lab.
there's mom and pop seat of the pant's.
first thing we did was throw all that stinkin' paperwork out the door. (mom and pop came in as owner/operators). 18 monthes later ...pissed off customers as far as the eye can see. ...mom and pop are diggin' through the garbage for paper.

"there is a heaven for yous guy's what read"
;)

Back