What's new
What's new

mastercam posts

RJT

Titanium
Do you edit your posts or does your distributor do it for you? We have our distributor do it but if they are teaching class it can take a while. Is there documentation available ? How difficult / dangerous is it?

RJT

Yes you can screw things up pretty bad. Always save a copy before any mods are made.

I'd get on the Mastercam forum and get some advice for what you want to do. They will help you modify to suit, just don't ask for them to give you a post.

Ask your reseller about the post CD for ver 9.

If you spend some time just looking at the post you can easily see some of the simpler changes that you may need to make, and others are for the trained post guru. If you make a change, you can save it off as something else, like if you edit mpfanuc.pst call it mpfanuc2.pst, and post with it. If it turns to garbage just delete it and run your raw post.

for example, we wanted to remove the m05 from each tool change so the spindle would not turn off when indexing the turret on our lathes, and wanted to use a g83 canned pecking cycle for drilling. we have never fooled with editing the posts. looks like I would be guessing that i am not doing more harm than good. is the mastercam forum on a mastercam website? thanks, RJT

Back