What's new
What's new

Mazak QT 250 Nexus Mazak Software Issue Alarm 615 "Designated tool Not found" Help

I feel like the only way to move forward is to ask MAZAK service tech to come to your place and bring so called service HDD with your type machine image and try to boot NC control and reload your parameters. Just to prove the point that all hardware is operational.
I really don't think Mazak will do this. There's too many different machines out there. I can order another new hard drive from Mitsubishi and do what you're talking about but I don't know if would solve this issue?
It makes no sense how the ladder or software could get damaged or corrupted during transit.

I feel like the only way to move forward is to ask MAZAK service tech to come to your place and bring so called service HDD with your type machine image and try to boot NC control and reload your parameters. Just to prove the point that all hardware is operational.
This is not something Mazak will do. They no longer support these old controller software. Basically I’d have to pay Mitsubishi $1200-$1500 to reinstall the software. I suspect that the issue is in the controller or something in the cables? Buts it’s just a hunch.
The one thing I don’t understand the MDI function not working at all?

Mazak goes completely insane. What is it here to support? It just HDD image you are after. It looks like they decided to deliberately stop supporting all SQT,QT machines as they made them so reliable that they last for ages, removing the initiative to buy new products. Pure politics.

MDI is just a manual way to pass the data in between NC and PLC, in your case MDI should take tool number, send to PLC for PLC to rotate turret and report upon completion. Now, unlike FANUC, Mazatrol is Windows based application and, I guess you have an issue with with data exchange or configuration. I personally met no one in my life who was able to clearly explain or show signs of understanding how Fusion 640 control is designed.

I am still puzzled how Mitsubishi and MAZAK share responsibilities to support MAZAK customers in USA. I don't believe they are in close cooperation as these two are very different organizations with different agendas and end goals.

Last edited:
Mazak goes completely insane. What is it here to support? It just HDD image you are after. It looks like they decided to deliberately stop supporting all SQT,QT machines as they made them so reliable that they last for ages, removing the initiative to buy new products. Pure politics.

MDI is just a manual way to pass the data in between NC and PLC, in your case MDI should take tool number, send to PLC for PLC to rotate turret and report upon completion. Now, unlike FANUC, Mazatrol is Windows based application and, I guess you have an issue with with data exchange or configuration. I personally met no one in my life who was able to clearly explain or show signs of understanding how Fusion 640 control is designed.

I am still puzzled how Mitsubishi and MAZAK share responsibilities to support MAZAK customers in USA. I don't believe they are in close cooperation as these two are very different organizations with different agendas and end goals.
Do you have any suggestions I should try? I don’t know what to do? I’m afraid if I pay Mitsubishi to update the software it will not fix the problem. It is a hardware issue, I’ll be right where I am…

like I said before, you need to find someone with similar machine and clone HDD drive image, after reload your parameters. That is the only way.

like I said before, you need to find someone with similar machine and clone HDD drive image, after reload your parameters. That is the only way.
You think it’s the hard drive? Or the software on the hard drive? I can buy a new hard drive. I had one and returned it because it had the same symptoms with the new hard drive. However I didn’t reinitialize the controller with the new hard drive.

You think it’s the hard drive? Or the software on the hard drive? I can buy a new hard drive. I had one and returned it because it had the same symptoms with the new hard drive. However I didn’t reinitialize the controller with the new hard drive.
I don't think it is a hard drive, it has to be something to do with the software installed.

Mitsu tech guys are awesome, if Mazak is telling you to call them they believe it's possible hardware/hardware settings which Mitsu (NOT MAZAK)is responsible for. Let them do the service, they have every parameter for your machine by serial#. I'd bet you real money they leave your place and your machine is running or something needs replace and its running the following week for 2 days service + a part. Just MHO, based on what they've done for me over the years.

Here's an update for where I am today.
I ended up ordering a new HR113 board. ($3060) OUCH!
The machine is functioning in memory mode and the tool data is working perfect. The tool eye works as well.
I would like to make a back up of my hard drive. Someone mentioned cloning it on here. Is there known software that will make an exact copy of it on a SSD? Please send me a message with instructions...
I have a long way to go with this machine, but it will run good parts eventually. I'm pretty persistent.

Here's my punch list:
1. realign the turret
2. Fix the live tooling (realignment required first)
3. Get the way covers rebuilt

The mother board was faulty? How did you diagnose it?
Back up your SRAM data with maintenance tool App, that is located on C drive. You can probably create image of your HDD and keep it, but to run it from SSD ? You want to be sure HR113 BIOS can recognize it as bootable source.
I think on Internet there was a big discussion how to do it.

The mother board was faulty? How did you diagnose it?
Back up your SRAM data with maintenance tool App, that is located on C drive. You can probably create image of your HDD and keep it, but to run it from SSD ? You want to be sure HR113 BIOS can recognize it as bootable source.
I think on Internet there was a big discussion how to do it.
I had no way of confirming what was wrong with the HR113 board. I looked for visible issues but never found anything under magnification.
I changed out the controller board and went through the installation process and now my machine works in memory mode.
My turret is misaligned pretty bad so it needs to be addressed before I can cut metal.
I’ll look into the ssd swap. I know the one I bought from Mitsubishi was an SSD so I know it’s possible.

I had no way of confirming what was wrong with the HR113 board. I looked for visible issues but never found anything under magnification.
I changed out the controller board and went through the installation process and now my machine works in memory mode.
My turret is misaligned pretty bad so it needs to be addressed before I can cut metal.
I’ll look into the ssd swap. I know the one I bought from Mitsubishi was an SSD so I know it’s possible.
turret alignment is easy. Unless u have tapered pins installed and they are bent than u have to remove the turret and replace them with new ones.
Why did you decide to replace HR113 board? That is the more interesting question. Who told you to do it? Obviously someone mentioned it before and that
SOMEONE knew exactly what was wrong with your Lathe in a first place :)

Last edited:
turret alignment is easy. Unless u have tapered pins installed and they are bent than u have to remove the turret and replace them with new ones.
Why did you decide to replace HR113 board? That is the more interesting question. Who told you to do it? Obviously someone mentioned it before and that
SOMEONE knew exactly what was wrong with your Lathe in a first place :)
The turret is misaligned by about .026” up or rotated counter clockwise. I have tried like 5 times and I get it close then as I tighten the bolts it goes right back to where it was. I suspect the pins are bent or slightly sheered. I really don’t want to remove the turret but if it’s what it takes… the live tooling makes this job difficult.
Is there a secret to getting the turret aligned? I just don’t understand how the company that sold it to me was running two shifts of production if it was this misaligned. It makes setting up drills and boring bars impossible. The turning tools I can shim but the bushings make it impossible…

As far as the hr113 board, I set up a service call with Mitsubishi and was talking to the service manager that schedules the technician. I told him all the symptoms and that Mazak recommended reinstalling the software. Mazak no longer installs or supports the fusion with win95… very frustrating. So it’s 7hrs of windshield time for me to get a Mitsubishi rep into my shop. The manager said are you certain it’s software?
I explained about the MDI not work and the turret not showing the tool change. He said it sounds like there is a communication issue on the HR113 board…. You want to try it before I bring a tech in?
I said yeah I can swap that. It was an expensive experiment but if I bring in Mitsubishi it’s a minimum of $1200 plus the parts…. So I ordered it. Long story but it was cool the manager helped me diagnose it.

Back