What's new
What's new

Meldas 500L Series S02 Init Param Err

runninwideopen

Aluminum
Hey all,

My Meldas 500L on a Puma 8S has a S02 Init Param Err 41 S1. I bought this machine well-used and have been using it for a few years. It was running great on Friday, shut it down over the weekend and now it won't boot up on Monday. No changes were made.

I read my manual to say that this is error is with Spindle Parameter 41, does that sound right? Trouble is, I cannot find the spindle parameters in the control. I can find X/Z axis, and control parameters, but no spindle parameters.

Any guidance and input would be appreciated! Thanks.

In looking in the cabinet, I see that the power supply (MDS-B-CV-185) does not show any codes on the screen at the top. I believe it used to. Any possibility this could be related, or am I mistaken? The spindle drive and servo amp downstream are on and showing codes.

So, I don't think this problem actually has to do with any parameters. After the shop warmed up to normal operating temp yesterday, the control booted up fine and ran the rest of the day. This morning, it's back to the same alarm.

If anyone has any experience with this and can give some direction, it would help a ton.

Back