What's new
What's new

Model KM on ebay

usmachine

Stainless
Drop the guy and get him to measure the width of the verticle ways and the like. Some of these verticle heads can be interchanged. Welcome to the K&T frat.

Probably fit the KM and K (only) if dovetailed. My all angle head is NOT dovetailed, the clamps are - so I made a set of clamps (they were missing anyway) to make the thing work on my 2CH. The other requirement is that the overarm sockets in the base of the VH attachment fit the over arms of the machine and at the same time put the VH input C/L the right distance away from the spindle C/L so that sometimes unavailable drive gear will actually work while stuck in the spindle.

(I understand newer style heads don't use a drive gear in the spindle)

Both the #2 KM and he #2 K have 4.25" dia. over arms that are 5.375 C/L to C/L - much larger than the 3.625" jobs on a 2H and 2CH

John

Thanks kilroy, it's nice to be here. I wish I had better news to report on the 2CH. Bought through a dealer in MN. Asked all the right ???'s and when it arrived the trans has 2 busted gears and the bull gear in the sliding head high range appears to be slap worn out with about 10 degrees of backlash. I am going to reserve comment on the dealer until I see how he handles it.

On the upside a guy renting space in the building where my shop is has been repairing these things for about 20 years and says if he doesn't have the trans gears on the shelf at his day job he knows where to have them made reasonably. In addition a dealer friend of mine has quite a comprehensive collection of literature that I can comb through when I have a ?? or two.

Anybody out there have gears if he doesn't or know of a source?

Machine functions well and has monotrol on it but the dogs are missing and the knee feed doesn't work, (another dealer oversight) but the dovetails, table and sliding surfaces appear to be in very usable condition.

Does anybody have trip dogs for the monotrol that I can copy?

It is usable in low range right now and I will be able to fix the gearbox so I am not to PO'd, I just wish he would have told me as I bought the machine to use not to fix.

I love these machines and their great streamlined forms as well as their power when compared to toolroom machines.

Cant wait to get a readout on it and put it to work.

Back