What's new
What's new

Need help trying to identify boring and facing head

mattthemuppet

Stainless
Bought this recently in an auction and it's a really nice boring head, less chunky than my Enco and also feeds both in forward (out) and reverse (in).

It doesn't seem to have different feed rates like my Enco or Narex/ Wohlhaupter. Also the two knurled rings move independently, but only the one with the graduations turns the feed gear. The center gib adjuster also has a ball half way down the thread that looks like it should press on a wedge, same way that a Narex works.

I'm trying to figure out if I'm missing anything about how it works and what pieces other than the stops I need to make. But I'm stumped without knowing who made it. Anyone seen one like this before?
IMG20231125195858.jpgIMG20231125195902.jpgIMG20231125195907.jpgIMG20231125195912.jpgIMG20231125195917.jpg

Thought it was enco, also not bad imho, for the price, woolhampter are silly expensive, I bought one once for £50! Shame it got nicked, probably weighed in for scrap.
Should do alright with that one, though I buggered quite a few holes up being sloppy and forgetting to lock the thing, oh well, good practice for sleeving holes lol
Mark

That is awesome, thank you both! I never would have found that myself. I found a manual and see several things that are missing, but all have really good drawings so I should be able to make replacements

Back