What's new
What's new

Need help with a Delta VFD

Tooly236

Plastic
Hello all, I bought a 3 phase mill and I only have single phase 240 at my house. I am in mexico, so where I want to buy the VFD nobody can explain anthing to me in english that I can understand. They have a Delta VFD037EL23A which I think is what I need, can anyone explain what it should look like after it is wired because I am not sure that these guys know much, although they know alot more than me. I attatched a picture of the VFD and my Mill Motor. Thanks everyoneDelta-VFD037EL23A.jpgmill motor.jpg

Hello all, I bought a 3 phase mill and I only have single phase 240 at my house. I am in mexico, so where I want to buy the VFD nobody can explain anthing to me in english that I can understand. They have a Delta VFD037EL23A which I think is what I need, can anyone explain what it should look like after it is wired because I am not sure that these guys know much, although they know alot more than me. I attatched a picture of the VFD and my Mill Motor. Thanks everyoneView attachment 165644View attachment 165645

I'd start by seatching on the model number and reading the manual

I did that and got this
Delta VFD37EL23A | Delta AC Drives - Delta VFD

It's a three phase input
NFG for you.

Actually
I'd go to KB electronics, they have USA based customer service tech support and engineering.
Distributed in Canada by Motion and others.

I think that means it is capable of taking in 3 phase, because I have found other spec sheets that have the input at 240 single phase.
I'd start by seatching on the model number and reading the manual

I did that and got this
Delta VFD37EL23A | Delta AC Drives - Delta VFD

It's a three phase input
NFG for you.

Actually
I'd go to KB electronics, they have USA based customer service tech support and engineering.
Distributed in Canada by Motion and others.

Delta VFD037EL23A

After the "EL" is the input requirement:

11:115 1-phase
21:230 1-phase
23:230 3-phase
43:460 3-phase

You need a model with "21" in the model number.
The manual says nada about a de-rating connection.

Delta VFD037EL23A

After the "EL" is the input requirement:

11:115 1-phase
21:230 1-phase
23:230 3-phase
43:460 3-phase

You need a model with "21" in the model number.
The manual says nada about a de-rating connection.
More specifically, the manual specifically says DO NOT connect 3 phase models to a single phase supply (page 31).
There is also no way to defeat the Input Phase Loss detection, so it will not function at all.

Back