What's new
What's new

new haas oil for bujr systems, trouble shooting error 121, Viscocity?

Stirling

Hot Rolled
A few months ago I purchased a 5gal. of oil for my 2008 haas vf2. As vactra#2 is no longer the recommended oil supplied to me was a haas branded red’ish oil.

Ive notices the viscosity of this oil is visually thinner.

With that in mind I ASSume the old way of checking bujr pump pressure/time is now obsolete.
any updates “holding pressure” and “pressure duration” values I should be watching for?

I have recently been getting alarm 121 and wonder if the viscosity is the reason as it is very intermittent, im thinking this as it iq quite warm in the working space when the alarm seems to crop up, always in the hot afternoon. Never had any problems until this week, but it has been warm in the shop. might pop up 1 time every couple hours

a full plunger pump brings psi to 40, takes 1:30 min to drop to 20psi, then rapidy drops off at 1:45
with vactra it had been taking about 4.5 min to drop off.

You didn't listen to that bird-brained thing from Haas, saying to change your oil, did you? :D

I just got through draining the Vactra 2 from the VF-2 and refilled it yesterday. Since then I've run nothing but the spindle run-in to verify oil flow and temperature. It's fine so far.

I did notice that Haas recommended a lighter oil in their data. I bought Mobil 1 10W-30. What did you end up using?

You didn't listen to that bird-brained thing from Haas, saying to change your oil, did you? :D

I just got through draining the Vactra 2 from the VF-2 and refilled it yesterday. Since then I've run nothing but the spindle run-in to verify oil flow and temperature. It's fine so far.

I did notice that Haas recommended a lighter oil in their data. I bought Mobil 1 10W-30. What did you end up using?
Mobil sch625
It’s significantly thinner than the old vactra2
Being extra warm the last few days I wonder if that’s what’s flagging my 121 alarm

Back