What's new
What's new

New Smooth, and Celos controls. ?

It's not so much how they hold up, it's will replacement parts be available? If so, go for it. Both those brands back up their product well, so you shouldn't be left in the cold.

We have the new DMU50 with Celos Fanuc at our shop. Our first ever Celos control and yes it was very weird at first especially the loud beeps when pressing the screen but we found out how to lower the volume on it. As the days past we found ourselves liking it more and more. I noticed a little lag when popping up the onscreen keyboard but I was told by Mori they are working on an update as this is the first with the Fanuc option. So far it has been a favorite at our shop. First one we have with a probe also so just imagine the nerves on us all! lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our experience with CELOS has been very frustrating. Multiple updates and yet the lag time when changing screens is awful. We expect our machines to make money for the company. All the wasted time navigating the menus does nothing but slow us down. Sure it looks sexy but at the end of the day it is not very dependable. Good luck getting help from the manufacturer. The name of the company that developed CELOS is BUG.....how appropriate is that!

Our experience with CELOS has been very frustrating. Multiple updates and yet the lag time when changing screens is awful. We expect our machines to make money for the company. All the wasted time navigating the menus does nothing but slow us down. Sure it looks sexy but at the end of the day it is not very dependable. Good luck getting help from the manufacturer. The name of the company that developed CELOS is BUG.....how appropriate is that!
Sorry to hear about your experiences with Celos, our last post was last year, was your issue resoveld? So far our Celos control has been good still, only issue has been with the door and coolant tank, they are replacing our coolant tank due to bad chip control, it was clogging up the high pressure pumps more than normal. The door had a weak design as well, it became misaligned with the key lock too easily. Other than that it has been great.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Nothing yet, decided to wait for winter to pass, and now with everything going on in Canada I've decided in the last couple weeks to delay buying another machine for as long as I can and pile money in case it all crashes soon, as in, worse than it already has...

As to machines, it came down to a couple Korean brands and maybe 1 or 2 Taiwan ones that are all in my price range(70-80K USD), everything else is double the $ up here, I can't justify that.

Back